Nuts

was the winning bidder's ID. What more van I say

Roland Craven

Roland, I smell a rat, I think julie6814 was running it up

Regards Gary M

Reply to
gary millward

One bidder there with some choice feedback, and out of the blue having apparently managed 3 positives in a year (which includes two previous purchases from this seller) pushes something this mundane (sorry, Roland) to £450.

The winning bidder achieved 3 positives in two years, his last big engine purchase was a Lister D fuel tank....

Long Barge Poles come to mind.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

"No offence meant" eh or perhaps "with the greatest respect" :-) ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

Knowing your love for the Yeovil products.....

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Petter M types are high fashion at present:

There were high asking prices for two ropey M types at Enstone yesterday, at least one of which sold, so the market clearly wants them. Good news for bearing remetallers everywhere :-).

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

Gary and Peter,

Jeeze, I think you two are rushing to rash judgement of this eBay newbie. When I look at the bidding history for julie6814 I see four bids on Petter M items and two on Ruston PB items (including one win).

As a newbie julie 6814 bids as though it was a live auction; that is not taking advantage of either proxy bidding or sniping. For this they are castigated for "running up the price"? Remember folks, the ONLY way to "run up the price" is to have another willing bidder. In this case someone who wanted this little Petter more than julie6814 did.

Have you all been such cold fish at auctions that you never got caught up in a bidding war? If so, I truly feel sorry for your icy, passionless souls.

As for me, I'm still working on a 1915 3-1/2 hp throttle governed United kero (parrafin) burner that became mine when I got caught up in "auction fever" like a deer in the headlights!

See ya, Arnie

Arnie Fero Pittsburgh, PA USA fero snipped-for-privacy@city-net.com

gary millward wrote:

Reply to