Lister D on E-bay

No apologies for pointing this out

at a starting bid of £340, he's not going to have a lot of callers, I
suspect. Have a read through the advert - first time I've seen an ad that
included a threat!
Regards,
J. Kim Siddorn,
Reply to
Kim Siddorn
This has been on ebay before......no takers... I wonder why? Best regards Pete. Kim Siddorn wrote:
Reply to
peter.etherington
Look at the other stuff he has, dealer comes to mind
snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote:
Reply to
Campingstoveman
Evening all just back from 3 days in "Craven country" and reading thro postings. Re the "gold plated" D have you read the sellers payment instructions!!(see min. payment) Nice little Tom Senior on e-bay (now sold) ,pity the carb was missing.I was tempted to bid on it but resisted temptation. I did have a No 1 T.S. some while ago,pretty little engine. I have also found an article on converting a push mower to power using a Cyclemaster engine.Interesting to someone on this group maybe??. Mike.H.
Reply to
Mike.H.
Interesting chap!
Someone asked a simple question about the freehold on his dodgy looking property sale. His response was: "you cant spell.please dont bid". (Copied verbatim, including the missing spaces and apostrophes!) Nice bloke! Mark
Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ----------------------------------------------------------
mark.howard10
I missed the Tom Senior. Have you got the item number? I'd like to look at it to see how it compares with mine.
Fred
Reply to
Fred
======================================================================= Your wish is my command:-)
Mike.H.
Reply to
Mike.H.
I think I know this guy. Been to pick up a Petter A. a Dickie Dealer no doubt, reminded me of Claude Greengrass. CJ
Reply to
Colin Jacobs
Thanks Mike. I'll have to extend my searches beyond agricultural. I don't think the seller knew what he'd got.
Fred
Mike.H.
Reply to
Fred
I asked him a question; "Are you sure that this is the correct price and not an error". Reply: no thats all we want for it as long as it goes to a good home.had it working this week cleaning our fishpond out a bit......great fun.the drive belt is good condition too. thanks for your email.lord magdalen
I do hope no one is silly enough to bid on it.
Fred West Sussex.
Reply to
Fred
An interesting seller to say the least!
If you read his "me" page and look at his current auctions you have to wonder how he has made 13 transactions (private) with 100% feedback, or even how he made 13 transactions full stop! Maybe people have been left so traumatised by the transaction they don't dare leave any negative feedback :) Also, if you look at the bottom of his "me" page, he has a lot of current auctions with no bidders!
I do hope he doesn't read this NG, I get the impression that 'the lads' might be round any minute!
Mark er... I mean 'Bill'
Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ----------------------------------------------------------
mark.howard10
Gents have another look at the link. WOW
gary millward
Gary,
Me being of sound body and mind think that there is something odd going on here.
Martin P
gary millward wrote:
Reply to
Campingstoveman
Just consider the fact that, even if they are messing around, there will be a substantial ebay fee to pay...more fool them!
Dan
Reply to
Dan Howden
Theres four bidders, so it seems he must have a few friends with ebay accounts.
Gary M
Reply to
gary millward
Gentlemen,
The order of 2240 for the Fen ditching company must have been very special as the company was founded in 1969 five years after lister stopped making the D ( David Edgington, History of the D Type). Also the company just happens to be in Wisbech. And has nobody noticed that the pump is a Stuart Turner ?
Martin P
Dan Howden wrote:
Reply to
Campingstoveman
If it's a genuine bid the vendour stands to be very dissapointed. I'm sure even a very rare or unusual D type is'nt worth that price. Regards. Gary
Reply to
gary millward
wrote > An interesting seller to say the least!
Seems to have fairly extensive business interests:-
Nick H
Well, pick me up off the floor, 12 bids. Can anyone see where the extra 2" is, sorry but for that price it would need to be bloody gold plated and polished by a young bird with a feather duster every night. It has to be a windup, is someone hiking the price up? I have some nice engines if the purchasers interested !!!!
Cheers, MartinH
Reply to
martin hirst
I am beggining to find the question and answer section quite amusing as well now.
Sad lot arn't we :-)) Martin P
mart> Well, pick me up off the floor, 12 bids. Can anyone see where the
Reply to
Campingstoveman