Wanted!! Villiers generating set

Hi,

Does anyone have, or no the whereabouts of a Villiers lightweight 14v generating set that is for sale? I'm not sure who the generator manufacturer was but believe they were used by the Britsh Army. The engine fitted is a Villiers lightweight range four stroke,but not sure whether its the 50cc or 75cc version. This link shows what i am looking for:

If anyone does have one they no longer have use for then please get in touch!

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Scott

BT / GPO also used them some with gas conversions. I have a petrol version in my garage ex BT

Mart> Hi,

Reply to
Campingstoveman

I have the following in my garage: Villiers Mk12/2 Serial Number: 551E

24445 (date 1961?) Swan Generating Set made by Engine Application Ltd, Banbury for the GPO Serial Number: 64053/328. Generator is type PED No: 135/328, 2600rpm, 0,55kW, 1.5bhp, Cont Rating, 24/31v dc, 23amps.
Reply to
Ian

I have the following in my garage: Villiers Mk12/2 Serial Number: 551E

24445 (date 1961?) Swan Generating Set made by Engine Application Ltd, Banbury for the GPO Serial Number: 64053/328. Generator is type PED No: 135/328, 2600rpm, 0,55kW, 1.5bhp, Cont Rating, 24/31v dc, 23amps.
Reply to
Ian

Reply to
ferret

Thanks for your help gents, it's not the MK12 or V engine that is fitted to the particular gen set I'm after, those are quite larger. The engine fitted is from the Villiers Lightweight range of engines and is of all aluminium construction. I've seen a couple of the engines before and they had the model numbers 411D and 600C. I'm guessing that one must have been 50cc and the other 75cc as externally they looked identical. Going back from memory the genset is very small, probably around 18" total length and probably not much taller than 12" in height.

Best regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott

Hi Guys, I have mentioned this before but some might of missed it. If you go to the Wolverhampton Virtual Museum site at

at the door & go into the Engineering room where there is a lot of Villiers information available. I think the entire museum is a brilliant way for people with an interest in old trades to spend a happy hour!

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft