Wanted vintage Volmeter and Ammeter

I have had a 1942 35V 36 Amp Lancashire Dynamo & Crypto Generator for some while so I would like to exhibit it this year. A long shot but does anyone have a suitable period Volt and Ammeter for sale for the appropriate number of Beer tokens please?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Pete Aldous

I think all the ones we have are 110V DC, but I'll have a look and see what's there.

We do have a nearly new Walsall Electrical Co 0-50V DC meter, it looks as if there have never been screws fitted in the mounting flange, but you never know.

Enamelled black gloss with cast-in diamond pattern on the front, looks like

1940's but is in fact dated 1966! I suspect it is old MOD stock for something that goes back a while. 5" mounting flange and 4-1/8" face.

You'd need to find another to match though.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

There's also a pair of large matching 'Austinlite' meters:

The ones with silvered dials, volts and amps are within your needs.

You'd need quite a few beer tokens for those... :-))

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Peter, thanks for the reply, I will contact you offline.

Reply to
Pete Aldous

Just to show how 'quality' some of the old stuff was, we pulled out two meters for Pete Aldous, and on checking against one of our calibrated Fluke digital meters, it was 0.25 volts out at 26V, and that was possibly becuase it was partly horizontal and not vertical as it would have been in the cabinet.

Not bad for a 50-year old meter!

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Unfortunately it's not always so. I've a 15V voltmeter somewhere that I used to use on car systems. It's the sort that looks like a pocket watch with a wire coming out of the top winder. One day a fault was eluding me and a relay kept sticking when I tried to trace the circuit. It turns out that this meter had a resistance of 15 ohms/volt and pulled enough current to hold a relay coil in. If I connected it across a fully charged car battery at night, you could actually see the connections spark.

John

Reply to
John