US supplier of gas spring / gas strut / gas prop

Looking for a gas strut for my Sieg X3. From my surfing, I believe
that I have the 2:1 gear on the Z axis (crank it a few times and you'd
agree).
8mm shaft, 18mm dia cylinder, 250mm stroke, 564mm extended length.
Stock No. 686-991
Manufacturer Camloc by Arvin Meritor
Manufacturers Part No. SWY8060600058
Where can I get a compatible unit in the US?
Gas Spring (replacement). The standard gas spring fitted to the Z-axis
to support the weight of the head stock is non adjustable and does
actually over compensate for the weight. The actual weight of the head
stock is about 30Kgm. The compliance of the correct gas spring should be
just enough to support the weight. I replaced mine with an adjustable
one. These are widely available. RS-Components supply suitable springs
(stock number 686991), unfortunately only in packs of 2 units. I got
mine from RS, fortunately I was able to pass the extra one on to a
friend. For a supplier contact the manufacturer Arvin Motion Control
Tel. 0116 274 3600.
Reply to
Louis Ohland
I didn't do a lot of looking but I've bought few gas springs from McMaster.
Wes
Reply to
Wes
Arrgh. I hate metric to imperial...
564mm = 22.2047 in Extended 250mm = 9.84252 in Stroke 8mm = 0.31496 in Shaft 18mm = 0.70866 in Cylinder
Arrgh. Newtons versus pounds. At least that is simple, 30Kg about 66 lbs...
Grainger's sells combat helmets...
Wes wrote:
RS Stock No. 686-991
Reply to
Louis Ohland
Look in an auto parts store for hatch-back gas springs.
Reply to
Buerste
more specifically, look here:

Bill Noble
RS Stock No. 686-991
Monroe Max-Lift and gabriel Stron Arms are the two most common brands in the U.S.
Go here to Dl a PDF of a Monroe Catalog. It has a size chart:

Get a good number and it will cross to Gabriel
Reply to
RBnDFW