OT - 60mpg Hummer!

TIP: Highlighting the text makes it a lot easier to read!

It is an interesting hybrid development using a very powerful gas turbine powered generator to charge a capacitor bank for short intervals. The other engine is a biodiesel truck engine.

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

As an inveterate IC engine enthusiast with (pale) green sensibilities, I found that fascinating, though I'm not sure I quite understand what he's up to - is he using a diesel *and* a turbo genset? Most interesting though is the proposal to use supercapacitors rather than storage batteries. Last time I picked up a soldering iron in anger, these fragile (particularly in terms of over-voltage) little fellows were only suitable for low power applications such as memory back-up - I'm guessing the state of the art has moved on somewhat!

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Google Supercapacitor brings a number of hits.

looks like technology has moved on a bit.

John

Reply to
John