OT American Electrical testing methods

This is supposed to be a genuine copy from the book!

trying the free "Allyoucanupload" site again.

Reply to
Dave Croft

Dont forget that american juice is only 110 volts. Al

Reply to
Al Gorithm

No, they use 110V & 230V. I think the 110 is phase to neutral and the 230V is phase to phase. That doesn't quite work on the maths though as the phase to phase should be 1.732 times the phase to neutral. Is a centre tapped transformer used somewhere? That would give 110/220V.

Anyone know the system better?

John

Reply to
John

Residential is all (or almost all) 240V with a neutral (the center tap) giving two 120V circuits, if you can get 3ph to your house you have a lot more pull then I. :) Industrial 3ph most common in my area is 208V with a neutral so three

120V circuits. Then there is 240V and 480V 3ph, if you are buying enough you can get about any voltage you want. ____________ Andre' B.
Reply to
andre_54005