OT - cars without lights

16/11/2004

I do understand that this may be just one of those urban myths that circulate from time to time, but if it saves a life, it has been worth its bandwidth. This comes from a BBC source in London via my wife who works as a Health Professional. I understand it originated from a reliable source from the London Ambulance Service. I think it needs taking seriously in light of the recent shootings in Bristol. These things never stay in one place for long........

Subject: warning - from London Ambulance Service

For once a serious message: We have received a warning at the London

Ambulance Service and have been asked to pass on the information to

all our families and friends. The LAS have units closely associated with

the Police in South London fighting gang crime. The 'street gangs' in London (particularly South London at present, but it is sure to spread) have initiation tasks which new gang members have to carry out to be admitted to the 'gang'. The latest

craze is to drive around at night with no lights on their cars.

The first person who 'flashes' them, points at them or sounds their

horn at them, has to be followed by the new gang member who then has to fire a shot into that vehicle with no regard as to who is inside. Our official instruction is that if we see a vehicle with no lights, we are NOT to 'flash' it etc and the advice to friends and family is that you should ignore any vehicles you see without lights.

I would ask that you pass this info on to all your family, friends and

colleagues by phone or e-mail, and who knows, it may save a life! It's a lovely world we live in, isn't it? Regards,

Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Several years old, although the first time I've seen it reported in the UK.

Have you ever seen a chavwagon in Bristol with too _few_ lights ?

Reply to
Andy Dingley