OT - cheques

In the last two days I have learned something very interesting for anyone that lives in the modern world. Cheques don't go out of date anymore.

That's right, you did hear correctly, cheques are still valid after six months. If you've issued a cheque that you've confidently assumed is no longer valid, I'd have it Stopped if I were you.

Our bankers are Lloyds, but I'd be surprised to find that they had made a decision like this on their own and I'd assume that all the big UK banking institutions subscribe to this.

You may have some difficulty at branch level - I did - & it took a couple of goes to get them to accept the cheque in question, dated September 2004. However, yesterday's visit showed that they were now up to speed with this.

Just thought I should pass it on.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to