Restoration of faith

Just to make us all feel better, my auction of an Iron Horse came to a
conclusion yesterday. I was rather disappointed with the price, but viewed
as a whole, I've made a profit on the two I've sold, so hey-ho ;o))
The new owner rang last evening & what a pleasant fellow he turned out to
be. After a brief discussion about collection, it turned out he was about
two miles from my intended route through Kent next Friday. He promptly
increased the price by a third, saying he couldn't possibly accept delivery
as part of the deal as it was so cheap already. We went on to discuss
engines of all kinds & I suspect he may appear here in due course.
"What a nice man", say!
Regards,
J. Kim Siddorn,
Reply to