OT: DVLA

Very handy if you have a write off outside the local Chinese.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

I worked with a guy who displayed a "Show Dogs in Transit" sticker. It was on a Bedford.

Reply to
John

In message , nickh writes

Just manufacturers jumping on a bandwagon I suppose...

Some people will buy any sort of sticker for their car - if there is a market for it someone is bound to try and make money. The original purpose of the "Baby on Board" stickers has been lost by peoples desire to fill their back windscreens with crap and someone else's aim to make money from it.

Reply to
Pat Martindale

My daughter has a 'Kernow' sticker in the back of her car, but I rather doubt if anyone believes she has the whole Duchy in there; although there are times when she does seem to be carrying rather a large percentage thereof. ;-)

Gyppo

Reply to
J D Craggs

I used to have a "Ducati" sticker in the back window of the Volvo, sited in the bottom left edge of the tailgate's glass. Motorcyclists trust your judgement more & don't climb all over you in order to get past.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Surely the emergency services would notice if a ducati had slipped under the seat? :)

Al

Reply to
alspam1

This is the funniest thing I have read in months.

Adding a sad sticker to a volvo magically transforms the whole vehicle, no longer do other drivers and motorcyclists rightly fear you, oh no, suddenly volvo man is respected.

Volvo's are amongst the worst driven vehicles on the road, a lot of it has to do with the psychology of the drivers / owners, who think they are in a safety cell and immune from the consequences of their actions.

The only think worse than a volvo is a silver volvo, if you see one of these get out of the way, FAST.

Silver cars being the other class of motorists that are terminally clueless.

Reply to
Guy Fawkes

troll troll troll troll troll.............................again.....

Reply to
alspam1

What a load of verbal dihoria, I bet your father spent the first few year's of your life throwing rocks at the stork.

Reply to
Richard H Huelin

Sounds like you've been looking at our resident fireworks expert's post(s) again....

You really should set up a kill file like the rest of us, and then you won't have to suffer his verbal cr*p any more.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

wrote

You know, I know, why feed it?

Reply to
Nick H

Neat! I have to say as a (pedal) cyclist I do take special care to look out for, and be nice to, cyclists.

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear

As a lifelong motorcyclist - I dislike the word "biker" - who is alive, in his sixties and still riding, I necessarily have a wary view of big cars driven swiftly. Knowing that, I find it conducive to good relations to indicate to fellow riders the fact that, whilst my tasks compel me to use four wheels, I exhibit in an unobtrusive way the fact that I am (as they say these days) "bike aware".

I appreciate it in others & find the same from other riders .

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Well I'm sorry but I can't let this "bikers are so much better drivers" crap go unanswered, there is an 80 year old lady in intensive care in my town because some s*1t head biker was driving his street racer inches from a car's rear right corner in town and couldn't stop when the car did at a junction, he clipped the car and shot down the pavement into the old lady.

Yes I do keep a good look out for bikes, I look for them in the blind spot between my mirrors where they're usually to be found, and riding down the white lines expecting everyone to spot them and thus get out of their way so they can belt along at double the speed limit as is their entitlement, and riding up the 'third' lane approaching a two lane junction which seems to be marked out in paint made visible only by a biker's visor. They seem to think the rules don't apply to them, and that any car driver who hasn't got radar be able to avoid their antics is at fault, not them.

And as to cyclists, why shouldn't they have to have insurance when their antics can and do cause accidents involving very expensive damage to cars and possible injury to third parties ?

I'm not intending to start a flame war, just putting the other side to the story. Yes car drivers do miss bikes even when ridden properly sometimes, but they also miss other cars too so why this view that car drivers are not looking for bikes?.

Greg

Reply to
Greg

"Greg" wrote (snip):-

Yeh, and what about those b****y pedestrians? They can make a right mess of your motor too ;-)

BTW you missed the smiley off your post Greg, someone might think you were serious - engines anyone?

:-) :-) :-)

Reply to
Nick H

We have the horses on two paddocks adjacent to the old A45m which runs betwixt the A1 at St Neots and the A6 at Higham Ferrers.

The road is quite a nice one but marred on most decent days by hordes of would-be racers who thunder up and down the road at frightening speeds, closely missing slower traffic and generally being a right PITA.

I am a biker, hold a full licence and had 4 BMW's amongst others, but I could never see the sense in the antics that these guys get up to. As usual it is a small minority who are probably very good riders, but they encourage others who are not as good, and we end up picking the bits out of the hedge of our field which is close to a bend... There have been half a dozen serious accidents in the past four or five years, luckily no fatalities.

I have been guilty of threading up between stationary traffic on the motorway, but never at speed like they do now, and managed only one prang in quite a few hundred thousand miles of riding when a herd of cows got out onto the road one morning and cr*pped all over the road, literally! There was nowhere to go, just wall to wall cowpats so it went down and I had to carry the costs as the farmer said they had been let out by accident.

The other thing that I notice is that these guys always vanish in the bad weather, while I used to be out every day, winter included.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

"Greg" wrote

Nice one!

Reply to
Nick H

Shhh, the government are listening, right now they're trying to work out the insurance premium tax on 56 million policies 8-)

Greg

Reply to
Greg

We have a fair bit of that around here, especially when the races are on at Olivers Mount, the police try their best but are completely overwhelmed by the numbers of bikers who think the country lanes are their race track.

I'm not a biker, shock horror I hear you all say 8-), while I would enjoy riding especially a nice vintage bike I just don't think it worth the risk on the roads. There are so many nutters (driving all sorts of vehicles) that I feel far happier with some protection around me, I was a passenger in a car when a bike bounced off the bonnet and believe me the car won!. I am very envious when I see people having a leisurely ride of some nice vintage bike around a show ground, but it's just not worth all the trouble to get a license just for that I'm afraid.

Greg

Reply to
Greg

He's travelling back tomorrow; we had an exchange of texts today following remdial action on the gearchange of the van today, which cured an extreme vagueness in the gearlever after new cables were fitted.

He has a problem engaging reverse. As we both have the same vans, albeit slightly different specs, it helps to be able to exchange little bits of info occasionally! :-)) Peter

Prepair Ltd