OT: from the sewing newsgroup

OT! OT! How OT? Most appropriate methinks ;-)

Reply to
Nick H

From rec.crafts.textiles.sewing, which isn't all that different a set of people 8-)

Fabricaholic's Will > >Being of sound mind and body, I _____, do hereby record my last will and >testament, knowing that _______, my ________, (husband, sister, >daughter, etc.) has no appreciation of, or in some instances knowledge >of, my extensive fabric collection deposited throughout the house. > >Knowing also that ____ has notified the local thrift store should I >precede him or her to the great fabric shop in the sky, to pick up and >dispose of the aforementioned collection. > >Therefore, I do will this collection, and all collections related to it, >to my dear fabric preservationist _______. It is my wish that >______________, upon hearing of my death and obtaining clear proof that >I did not manage, although goodness know I tried, to take it with me, >would come to my home post haste, before the dumpster, search out my >collection which is similarly stored. That said collection should be >rescued and stacked in my quilting studio along with my sewing machines, >frames, old buttons, lace, patterns, quilts, dolls and works in progress. > >And after this has been done that refreshments should be purchased for >my friends, not yet departed, which friends are also _________'s >friends, and every last one shall be in that room and they shall hold a >wake and say lovely and kind things about me until they run out and then >they shall divide amongst themselves, by lot, my wonderful collection. > >I shall be hovering over that very spot until this is done. ___________ >shall then quit this spot and close the door leaving the car, the house >and all the stocks and bonds and other worldly trivialities to those who >don't understand. > >This is my wish in the matter. > >Signed __________________________ >Date ______________ >
Reply to
Andy Dingley

I can think of many cases where this would have been most appropriate!! I might even consider doing it myself.!! Dave Croft Warrington

Reply to
Dave Croft

This has had a huge response in Another Newsgroup .

I thought of us, our Iron Charges and long suffering wives that will be S-o-o-o glad to be rid of them and able for the very first time to park their car in the garage!

Are you prepared, gentlemen for the scrap man hovereth ...........

Regards,

Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Engine Man?s Will

Being of sound mind and body, I _____, do hereby record this, my last will and testament.

Knowing that my wife and other family have no appreciation of, or in some instances knowledge of, my extensive collection of Interesting Spares, engines, generators, pumps, motorcycles and other things which can only be described as Rusty Junk (hereinafter described as the Collections) that are deposited throughout the house, garden, sheds, garage, workshop and the two lock-up garages situated at ___________ which will come as a complete surprise to my immediate family.

Knowing also that my wife has notified the local scrap yard that, should I precede her to the great workshop in the sky, he should immediately pick up and dispose of the aforementioned collection before more sympathetic persons have the opportunity to arrange the proper disposal of the aforementioned Collections.

Therefore, I do Will these Collections, and all items related to them such as books, magazines, posters, signs and other ephemera to my dear friend _______. It is my wish that ______________, upon hearing of my death and obtaining clear proof that I did not manage - although I will certainly have tried - to take it with me, will come to my home post haste and certainly before the sticky-fingered scrap man with whom I have fought the good fight for many a year and shall search out my Collections wherever they may be stored. The said Collections shall be removed to a place of safety and there catalogued with a spectroscope, a horoscope and a telescope, each and every item being divided into lots in a fair and equitable fashion.

And after this has been done, my friends not yet departed shall gather in one place at one time and they shall hold a wake and say lovely and kind things about me until they run out of breath, wit and drink and then they shall divide amongst themselves, by lot, my wonderful Collections, exclaiming the while on the forethought and strength of character shown by the Collector ? to wit, me.

I shall be hovering over that very spot until this is done and shall not shuffle off this mortal coil until I am satisfied that my Collections have gone whence they will be appreciated. To avoid the nasty minded profiteer gaining by the goodwill of others, no item or items thus leaving my spiritual grasp shall be made available for sale for five years following the day of my death. So there.

Then all those present shall load their newly-gotten gains into their vehicles and drive away, leaving the car, the house and all the stocks, bonds, cash and other similar worldly trivialities to those who Don't Understand.

This is my wish in the matter and I stipulate that no other of my possessions may be disposed of, sold, devolved or otherwise removed from my home until the above has been arranged and carried through to the letter.

Reply to
J K Siddorn