OT - Vincent on E-bay

My purpose in suggesting you go and have a look at this item

is mainly so you can look at the stunning quality of the photos, quite unlike those one sees on British E-bay. I wonder what it cost?

Regards,

Kim Siddorn .

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Quite achievable with most digital cameras, Kim. The mistakes that most folks make with pictures is purely handling and lighting, the cameras can do this sort of stuff quite well now.

Those on dial-up need not apply, there are a LOT of BIG images!

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Agree, he picked a spot in the shade but with light walls so there was still quite a lot of light about but coming from many directions. I think there may have been a little bit of tweaking going on but not much. Also the fact they are large images, number of pixels wise, also helps.

Most crap images are because people just use the "auto" setting under poor conditions. To get a photo you need good lighting, both level and modelling, without that you just won't get decent images.

But US$19,600 for a bike... One assumes they are particulary rare?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It is not a bad restore! |>)) But I don't think I'd buy it because it is the wrong-hand drive for here!

You are right Peter, pack in the pixels and the images sure are sharp!

Even on DSL it took a while to download these here!

Dan

Reply to
Dan Gates

Current tourist exchange rate is about $1.84. So, ten thousand quid is a lot for a Comet, they usuall fetch between £6k & £8k, but this one is especially nice.

I can detect all sorts of plus points - for instance, the carb is obviously new old stock and new 398 Amals are best found in a bucket behind a rocking horse!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Kim,

Nice bike, page took about 1/2 hour to download! He's taken care with the backgrounds, reflections & depth of field; the photos themselves are within the range of quite modest digital cameras.

To answer your last question first - it doesn't cost a penny.

The trick is to use your own ISP pages instead of asking Ebay to host the photos - which costs a fortune.

On AOL I have a screen name which I use just for ebay photos, I have another on my freeserve name. I have about 20mbs of space for photos, other ISPs give far more these days.

When you're writing the ebay pages & come to the 'Description' click on the 'Use your own HTML' (something like that), then write the description using HTML coding; at the most basic just use for a paragraph.

In the coding you can specify the URL of your uploaded photos:- the line will be

For interest an ad for a motorcycle part, it won't work now because I've removed the photo:-

I'm selling a load of Villiers stuff over the next few days.

I bought these parts when I bought a trials bike from a chap who used to be a main Villiers agent. Only a few 8e bits left.

An outer chaincase for an 8e Villiers, pretty good except for slight marking where the case has acted as a stop for the clutch. The outside has a mark which looks as though it has hit something fairly solid, sadly across the 'Villiers' on the casting. Probably happened in a World Championship round in Wales!!

It has the part / casting numbers:- B8258, 5475 - 1 It's quite light, expect postage about =A32 - =A33.

All the usual stuff about non-payers & comedians.

I've found photos 400 wide to be big enough to show detail, photos the size of the Comet ad take ages to download. If people are keen enough they can always ask for bigger pics.

regards Richard

Reply to
cua193

That's really kind of you Richard - and most helpful! Thanks, much appreciated.

[...]

It has the part / casting numbers:- B8258, 5475 - 1 It's quite light, expect postage about £2 - £3.