OT - Year 1000

Just finished reading "The Year 1000" by Lacey & Danziger. Spotted in the "acknowledgements" list, one "J. Kim Siddorn", of Regia Anglorum.

This would be our Kim?

Great read - recommended. The amount of research is awesome, to use my grandkids' favourite word.

JW²

Reply to
Jack Watson

Sounds like something I might enjoy. If you like your history in an easy to digest narrative style try 'The Common Stream' as well. I loved its sense of continuity - quite unlike the impression sometimes given by the likes of Time Team that everyone went to bed one night in the Bronze Age ,say, and woke up in the Iron Age!

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Yes, that's me! Robert Lacey came & sat in my front room & commissioned me to write some notes on each image from the Anglo-Saxon calendar. I didn't realise until afterwards that he was quite famous ;o))

I have my footprints in various places throughout the text, especially in the "Burning of the staves" picture to which I contributed an entirely new interpretation.

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

BTW, in the credits there are only two people mentioned who have no academic titles - one is me & the other is my best friend, Roland Williamson! regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn