painting the block

hi all, am finishing a small 29cc charging set engine. the block was painted in military green. i have primed the rest of engine with hammerite red oxide primer. do you think that will be okay for block,or will it get too hot

Reply to
Carl Ray

I have had Hammerite discolour on water cooled engines so I would expect the same or worse on an air cooled one.

John

Reply to
John Manders

Difficult to be specific without knowing the engine but some discolouration around the exhaust port is usual. I accept that on the basis that the alternative is to paint the entire block in heat resisting paint. Can you easily isolate an area, without it looking contrived, and just do that with heat resisting paint? I've not been able to do that so far. In general I suspect air-cooled engines are less prone than water cooled ones. ttfn

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven