Places to show pics

Gentlemen,

I will start thread, I use Picasa, its run by Google is easy to use and not that obtrusive with add's and its cheap ie free.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Agreed. Also the editing facility is very good. MH

Reply to
Mike.H.

Yep - i will say that i use it - its simple and intuative - one thing it is good at is adjusting the contrast to enable dull pics to be viewd Oh by the way martin I have some pics of you from dorset - finally got the pc to let me log on!

Reply to
jagojules

Point me in direction then :-))

Yep - i will say that i use it - its simple and intuative - one thing it is good at is adjusting the contrast to enable dull pics to be viewd Oh by the way martin I have some pics of you from dorset - finally got the pc to let me log on!

Reply to
campingstoveman

Who do you use for your ISP? I use Virgin and they provide me with about 10 (or 15) megs of freespace. Just use an FTP (like Terrapin) and upload your pics. You can even create your own baby website with a little bit of basic HTML. I managed it and I'm not really an IT person at all!

Here's the idea - the last engine I rebuilt, not particularly stationary though :-)

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

I have a similar lump to that attached to my Rover P6 3500 V8 :-))

I use BT and have done a bit of HTML for my own amusement but never loaded anything up.

Reply to
campingstoveman

I think you should give it a go, when you get the hang of it you can upload stuff in just about 30 seconds, it's fuss and trouble free and you don't get bombarded with adverts, pop-ups, or the spyware stuff that all these free hosting sites try to give my PC!

Why don't you try dropping one of these engines into your Rover - give it some more oomph, this one is 500cid :-) Take it to Santa Pod for the weekend :-)

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

I think that those who are familiar with HTML and ftp protocols are already doing such things, as we do for example, but the learning curve of getting into HTML and ftp for a newbie is probably more trouble than most would want to go to, especially as Picasa and Webshots are already there and running.

We are with BT Broadband, home and factory.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

But C S M has already had a play with html, linking a few pages together is just about all that's required. If the ISP provides you with some ''freespace'' then it would seem slightly churlish to not make use of it! virgin.net even provided a link to a free FTP programme (and a 'getting started' idiots guide). - but I lost it when I last changed my PC so purchased Terrapin - only a few quid.

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

I have just uploaded my first set pof pics - dorset and pickering

jagojules Well at least I think thats right!

Reply to
jagojules

Hi Martin, I had forgotten that I was already on Picasaweb ! I do suffer fom memory problems. What you quote will not give me access. The one I have comes up as

this will help you to find yours.

Reply to
Dave Croft

I've been with Webshots for some years & after Dave rang me one evening & complained about the adverts, I came in as a guest & looked to see what others see. Erm, well, there ARE ads I suppose, but I didn't think they were especially obtrusive, but it may be that my operating system & AdAware are filtering what I see, so I cannot be sure. I've got a myriad of albums & thousands of photos up there, so unlikely to change now.

Now I've transferred all my files (grateful public thanks to Peter who suggested where they may be lurking!), the Vista Home Premium (which appears to be updating virtually every day) that came preinstalled on my new Medion 'pooter from Aldi, I must speak as I find & it works just fine. It's a bit irritating to be asked "did you really mean to press that button?", but there may be some way of turning it off that I don't know of. I was warned that there were few drivers for older printers, but it drives my HP11220c - old, but prints A3 - after I'd shelled out an amazing £18 for a cable that adapted the printer to operate out of a USB2 port. I then had trouble with my two year old USB scanner, but that too seems to have sorted itself out except for the OCR software.

Regards,

Kim.

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Dave,

Its Jagojoules who has picked the wrong entry, what he needs to do is what you have done and go to the place where the album is and give us the url from there.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Nice lump, not sure if my memory serves me correctly, is it a Chrysler engine?

Flicker:

is a fairly good place for uploading photos. The pro account costs just under £15 per annum and has no intrusive advertising. Uploading is very easy, descriptions and tags are easy to provide. There is a free version but it does have limitations.
Placing a basic html file named index.htm or index.html would stop people seeing all you have in your www. folder. See:
names for web sites are best in lower case and without spaces. The spaces are the cause of the % appearing in your URL.

Reply to
Richard H Huelin

That's correct, this one is the RB (440 big block)

Oh OK, I see. TBO I only use it as a tool, and there's nothing there that I'm hiding from the wife :-)

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

-dee.co.uk- Hide quoted text -

Ok try this then

much on yet -I am trying to get my pc to download my videos and it wont at moment! I will get my pc guru to have a look and post some nice video of a very unusual little pump that was at dorset _just along from martin jago jules

Reply to
jagojules

--www.cvvms.co.ukwww.pallotmuseum.co.ukwww.tractordata.co.ukwww.bangor-on-dee.co.uk-

Ok try this then

much on yet -I am trying to get my pc to download my videos and it wont at moment! I will get my pc guru to have a look and post some nice video of a very unusual little pump that was at dorset _just along from martin jago jules

Reply to
campingstoveman

Yes it is - after I spoke to you the gentleman showing it allowed me behind the ropes to film it. I thought it was a lovely thing to watch. But I didnt take any stills ! Did you see the engine that was near to you that was running with the ht lead about 1/2 inch away from the plug? the spark was loud !

Reply to
jagojules