Quick Question.

Quick question for someone with a "Lister D" book handy. What year was the first DK manufactured? TIA. Charles.

I have seen shaft drive magneto DK's, with a dual compartment fuel tank and a drip oiler on the crankcase door, so they were definitely making them pre-1932.
Regards Dan
The one in question IIRC is 1930, just wondering if it was a really early one.

Charles Hamilton wrote:

Finally unearthed my copy of DWE's "Lister D Story" which states that the first six DKs, serial numbers 82403 to 82408, were built on 7th October 1927 but, as they do not appear in the sales ledger, these may have been experimental units. By August 1929 the total had risen to 248.
NHH
Thanks Nick, looks like it is an "early" one then. Coming on Saturday hopefully with two more and a "Junior" and any more that appear out of the dust and dirt.