Rail engines and D Napier & Sons

Part of the boredom of sitting on a stand for 7 hours today was relieved by a visit to the MTU stand, where they had a very nice (and very large) V-10 diesel (by memory, I didn't count the heads!) on the stand.

The finish was extremely good compared with the commercial product, but it was very nicely painted up in gloss silver with a suitably large genny on the back, although the nameplate from that was missing with four holes remaining in the casing, very un-Germanlike!

I haven't been to the other show in Halls 3 and 4, Coach & Bus, and the NEC car park 'is' charged for, not free as I mentioned the other day. Two shows for the price of one isn't too bad :-))

The Napier connection was a visit to their stand, on which they had some alarmingly large Turbochargers on display. The engineering guy wasn't there when I called, so I promised to pop back tomorrow and have a chat with him. Nice to see Napier continuing as a player in the field for which is achieved some recognition over the years.

The turbos were about 4ft long and almost 3 ft square, and looked very heavy...

There was a sectioned one as well which I might point the camera at tomorrow.

No complete loco's or rolling stock this year, and lots of companies who seemed to have a lot of fluff about how clever they were but nothing in the way of hardware to show for it, perhaps a sign of the way we are going in this country.

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes