Remagnetisers again

The recent discussion on coil winding prompted me to dig out an experimental remagnetiser I knocked together a while ago which has spent many years on the 'needs work' shelf as it never seemed to perform very well.

Something of a hybrid between the Warwick Bryce and Dave Gingery designes, it packs around 15,000 ampere-turns and has 1 1/2" dia mild steel cores, but differs from standard practice in that the coils are 'pancake' types about 4 1/2" OD but less than an inch long. Is there any fundamental reason why it should not work satisfactorily?

I think perhaps Peter might have some words of wisdom on this.

NHH

Reply to
NHH