Result

As an ongoing interest in photography doesn't seem to have subsided, I have gradually amassed a small collection of the Sony Mavica cameras, some of which have passed out to Sons and Sisters, but we still have three that get used regularly.

(For those unfamiliar with the cameras, they take a floppy (FD series) or CD-R (CD Series) as the recording medium. Certain models like the FD-97 and FD-100 also have a a standard Memory Stick slot, others like the FD-87 can use the MS in an adapter in the floppy drive. They are physically quite large but if you have large hands they are quite good to hold and use)

No2 son brought me back a S/H Mavica CD300 from Holland, which was very good indeed, with Carl Zeiss lens etc. That is the current hack machine and has done one USA trip since we got it with no problems. (He has a couple of OM10 bodies and matching lenses that we got him for his birthday)

I recently bought a CD1000 in the USA, and promptly had problems with the vendor (but now resolved after a dose of PayPal Dispute Resolution) and then last week saw a CD1000 in the UK for "spares or repair" on ebay.

Got it for £23 plus postage and it turned up today. Looks almost new with a crack and scuff down on the motor box around the front of the lens, but otherwise very reasonable nick. No batteries etc., but we have a pile of these for the other cameras.

Anyway, put a mini-CD in, started it up, formatted the CD and off it went! All functions normal and it takes very nice pictures.....

There is a loose piece of plastic inside, and we think that may have jammed something before, but worked out while in the post.

Nice to get a 'good' result now and then :-))

Peter

Now waiting for the "Jammy Git" post from Martin.....:-))

Peter A Forbes

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Sorry missed that been dozing :-))

Reply to
campingstoveman

Taking my camera off to Galway for three days next week, to do some commissioning and installation work.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Scotland or Ireland Martin?

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Ireland, is there one in Scotland ?

Reply to
campingstoveman

Of course. It's the area around Dumfries.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

That's Galloway surely!

Reply to
campingstoveman

Its probably all the same to the Vikings among us -))

Regards

Andy

Reply to
andyengine

Well quite. It sounds the same - are we to quibble over a few letters?

I'll have you know that Andy Nicholson, Earl of Galweag, is a personal friend and he occasionally claims Lordship of the Isles and Mann when few are listening!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn