Round Tuits

Now I thought I was pretty short on the subject commodity, for instance, at a club crank-up some five years ago my Mar-Vil started to misfire, stopped and wouldn't restart. I supected that the little spring behind a disc valve in the carb had broken again - it is still sitting in the workshop waiting for the diagnosis to be confirmed! But, during an exchange of emails on another subject, Eric Brain came up with this:-

"I have today started pulling my 1926 caged valves Lister A apart; I restored it as long ago as 1971, took it to early Beaulieu rally - probably even the first Beaulieu. It developed a "clank" when the inlet valve closes - in about 1978! - and I shelved looking at it until I had time."

What's your 'round tuit' record?

Reply to
Nick H

Currently most of my projects :-))

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

It's all very well for you old codgers reminiscing. Us younger ones have a disadvantage here.

John

Reply to
John

One of your disadvantages is lying about your age :-))

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Come on Martin, don't be nasty to John - his projects have the added delay of waiting for all that nice shiny paint to dry! BTW. If it is a broken spring which brought my Mar-Vil to a halt, I will of course be knitting the pieces together and reusing it - anything less would be destroying part of the engine's history ;-)

Reply to
Nick H

No who is having a dig :-))

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

c> No who is having a dig :-))

c> Martin P

I'm hoping it's good natured banter!

nickh=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

Reply to
nickh

It is but john being quiet has got me worried :-))

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

c> It is but john being quiet has got me worried :-))

c> Martin P

Yes, it's quiet - too damn quiet!

nickh=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

Reply to
nickh

Come on you lot lets be having you, subject tonight " to paint or not to paint"

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

c> Come on you lot lets be having you, subject tonight " to paint or not c> to paint"

c> Martin P

No no, not again - round tuits!

nickh=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

Reply to
nickh

Ok then, when are we going to get a round tuit painting :-)) I thought you meant it was generally quiet.

:-))

Reply to
campingstoveman

Well I have a an enclosed crank Bradford horizontal and its been sat waiting for the mag to be fitted for the best part of 4 years. In the mean time we have temporarily fitted the mag to a Bamford air cooled horizontal.

Mike M

miley snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
miley_bob

So I go out for an evening and the group breaks out into a flurry of activity. Anyway, I thought banter was a BSA. Talking of which, I must get mine out again. There's a scratch on the paint wich needs attention. I was thinking of repainting it anyway. Any suggestions as to what colour I should use? Martin's excluded from that, I've seen his sick green engine. An excelent example of why not to preserve an engines history if ever there was one.

John, (who's had a lot of worry).

Reply to
John

Tell uncle's Martin and Nick your problems.

Reply to
campingstoveman

I'm actually only 25 and was quite normal until I met you lot!

Now look at me!!!!!!

Reply to
John

What worries me is what you class as normal, or is there such a thing one asks, for all we know you could be Para - normal for instance. Give us a clue as to normal :-)) Nick you must have an Idea, your more normal than John in my estimation :-)) Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

"campingstoveman" wrote

Normality is an illusion of averages

Reply to
Nick H

you will keep put words my way :-)) so on average John is a Illusion then.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

"campingstoveman" wrote

If a Banter is a BSA motorcycle, then an Illusion must be a Russian aircraft - right?

Reply to
Nick H