Ruston info sought

Regular contributors may recall that some months ago I was offered what purported to be a Bamford tulip top. It has finally materialised as a
Ruston-Hornsby PB series, s/n 195177! Not much difference there then. Any ideas as to year etc? It is 200 miles away ATM, but I'll collect it in the next few weeks.
It comes with the obligatory Lister D (of course it does) which I will absolutely guarantee is chain drive.
regards,
Kim Siddorn.
Kim,
My Ruston 6PB's s/no is 195167 (could have been built on the same day!) and was built in 1939. (Strangely, my spell checker thinks Ruston should be spelled 'Rust on' which perfectly describes my engine).
I'd never considered it to be a Tulip Top look-alike although buried in the garage under an engine hoist, compressor and a Lister A it's a bit hard to tell!
I wonder how many of the 'obligatory Lister D's' there are out there. I don't know many who have consciously gone out to buy one and yet nearly everyone has one!
Mark
1939 is compatible with my list of known R-H dates - nearest entry 188373 confirmed as 18 Nov 1939, so the PBs coud be very late in the year.
Funniest corruption of R-H I have seen was a report of a small ad in a local paper advertising a "rusting awnsby" - similar theme to rust on.
On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 19:12:55 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ukonline.co.uk wrote:

John Ambler Sussex, UK Return E-mails to snipped-for-privacy@skiprat.net http://www.skiprat.net
<BG>.
I might plagiarise that for my info. board if I get round to rallying it in a couple of months :).
Mine has the ubiquitous Villiers type magneto which is currently exhibiting most of the salient characteristics of a dodo. I have yet to spend any time on it but it looks like either a coil problem or maybe a distinct lack of remaining magnetic flux. Any useful pointers from the officianados of these things?
Mark