Service is not dead :-)

I recently picked up a nice little Reavell compressor (thanks Robin) which although siezed is all there. A Google search revealed that Reavell are now part of Compair (along with Le-Roi I notice). I contacted them more in hope than expectation and was very pleasantly surprised to get a same day reply identifying the machine and offering a copy sales leaflet and manual. For anyone interested pics are at

and
the details are: ..."This was a model SA3 compressor and was 1 of a batch of 3 supplied to D & J Tullis Ltd Clydebank to their original order dated 24.6.1942 The machines were supplied for a duty of 100 PSI at 800 RPM delivering 11

1/2 cu ft/min BHP 3 the price paid was £30.13.4d"....... I wonder how it got from Clydebank to Surrey and what drove it? and can any of the Scottish contingent comment on D & J Tullis? ttfn Roland Craven nr Exeter Devon, UK snipped-for-privacy@petternut.co.uk
Roland and Celia Craven