Ricardo - thanks

I think it was Nick who posted the URL. As a result Santa brought me both his biography and the reprint of High Speed engines. Both a cracking read thank you.

Sadly family commitments mean I cannot attend the New Year's Day do at IF. I'm sorry to miss it and the flavour of the cawl seems to be enhanced by the all pervading odour of hot diesel and warm oil :-) Those who contrived to miss advance notice will find full details at

regards Roland Craven Nr. Exeter, Devon, UK snipped-for-privacy@petternut.co.uk

Roland Craven

I unfortunalty cannot attend because of a prior engagement but will endevour to get there soon enough to deliver another exhibit for Paul, Santa bought me plenty of books also, one of them a particular hero of mine. John Peel. The other books are about my other interest, Steam Railways and should the weather not get any worse Lyn and I will be rolling along the coastal track of the Poppy Line on Monday. If anybody is interested in Biography's another good read which I am currently reading is "The Grand Inquisitor" Sir Robin Day. Very Interesting.

Happy New Year to you all and please those of you off to a Rally on the first please watch what you drink the night before :-))

Martin P

Roland Craven wrote:

Reply to
Campingstoveman

"Campingstoveman" wrote (snip):-

Me too, only read first couple of chapters so far but looks good. Also a book about how to run three-phase motors as induction generators, and Jim Shelley's Magic of the Midlands and Black Country.

Reply to
Nick H