eBay: Santa Fe Train caboose!? No thanks

x-no-archive:yes

Why would anybody bid on this hunk of junk?

Reply to
rca976

Uh, because they want to restore a classic caboose.

My neighbor down the road owns a restored version which has been fixed up *very* nicely as a studio apartment. The bed is in the cupola.

He says it's nice to drift off to sleep with the sound of rain pattering on the steel roof just above your head.

Your milage may vary.

-Pete

Reply to
Twibil

And let's not forget the wonderful job Museums do, of preserving our history.

Stevert

Reply to
Stevert