Snow Covered O Gauge Track

Does anyone know of any commercially available O gauge, snow-covered track? Something like the G gauge track that comes with Lionel's Christmas Special train.

If not, what is the easiest way to create such a thing using FasTrack or RealTrax? I was thinking perhaps of placing masking tape over the rails and then using the spray snow or flocking used for Christmas decorations and trees. But what kind of glue to use? Or is there an even easier way?

I just want to create an O-72 circle to place around the Christmas tree for Lionel's Polar Express train.

Reply to
Spender

On 7/19/2008 9:27 PM Spender spake thus:

Never done this, but why not just spray away, then just scrape off the top and edges of the rails? Those are the only places you need to keep clean.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

I suppose I should mask off the rails too much. A little snow on the sides would look better. I'm just not sure how well the spray snow sticks, and if I would have to lay down a base of some sort of glue first. I wouldn't want the snow flaking off and getting into the loco's moving parts.

Reply to
Spender

On 7/20/2008 12:46 AM Spender spake thus:

Either that (pre-treatment, glue followed by snowstorm), or you could spray it afterwards (hairspray? Dullcote?) to make sure the flakes stay put, then just wipe/scrape off the rails.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

May I recommend *not* using laundry detergent for snow?

mark "spit soap suds for three days when I was 12"

Reply to
mark

Trying to think of the last couple of winters (I commute to downtown Chicago by train). I don't *think* it actually sticks to the rails; rather, it just piles up.

But for spraying it, why not just wipe the tops of the tracks with oil, then spray. It shouldn't stick, unless it's oil-based paint.

mark

Reply to
mark