Vapour engine

I found this advertisement in an old book I was given - "Brown's Nautical Almanac, 1928"

See:

What will they think of next?

Anyone any knowledge or ideas about this? Doesn't seem to have caught on, somehow!

Jack Watson in Oz =======

Reply to
JW²

It might not have caught on, but I bet if there was a leak anywhere it caught fire....... Somewhere in my library I have a piece about an experimental power station in the USA, somewhen in the 1930's, that boiled mercury and used that to drive the turbines instead of steam. Another bright idea that never caught on-did anyone say mad as a hatter :-)

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

Yup, just because it's a NEW idea, doesn't make it a GOOD one.

Rob Skinner