Vintage engine scene

Hi Everybody,
I have been a lurker for some time now reading posts and watching what goes on, but have finally taken the plunge to join in, but there is an
ulterior motive for this. I am after pictures or a picture of a large horizontal stationary engine in their original place of work. ie publicity shots from engine manufacturer, or a postcard type picture of an old engine. The engine room and surroundings need to be clear. Does any one know of any on the web that I can look at and possibly print out?
Thank you in anticipation of any replies.
Regards,
Hugh

Hi Hugh, If you don't mind Danish pictures I have posted 4 pictures at http://good-times.webshots.com/album/556048029ShVRwH The first 3 pictures of an early Burmeister & Waine are at a waterworks near Aalborg in Jutland & one is another B & W which was recovered by late friend Jens Lauritsen from a sanitorium. (pictured at origional site)
--
Dave Croft
Warrington
Hi Dave,
Thanks for your reply. great pictures and nice engine. What I am really looking for is old sepia/black & white pictures of horizontal engines when they were in use, showing the back ground, people etc. (early 1900's).
Thanks again,
Hugh.
What purpose do you have in mind Hugh? It makes a difference in respect of DPI resolution etc.
regards,
Kim Siddorn,
Hi Kim,
I would like some-thing of reasonable quality that could be printed out fairly large to use on a display board, but anything would be good at the moment as I have not been able to find anything that I like yet.
Regards,
Hugh
I'd suggest that Paul at Internal Fire
http://www.internalfire.com/index.php