Lister stationary engine web page

Came across this webpage the other day

and while I am certainly no engineer, but cant see how a lot of whats on is accurate.

Just interested to hear some expert views on the content of the site, as to me a fair amount of it seems a bit dodgy to say the least.

Ken

Well, he did *say* he had attitude ;o))

Too aggressive for my liking & when he started drawing comparisons between a Lister 6/1 and a Vincent, I'm afraid he lost me entirely.

Horses for courses............

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

LOL He he, he is certainly sure of him self and his vast collection of one engine, (dont anyone mention its the wrong colour :-) ) , is that his mum in the picture.

Rgds bob

Reply to
Bob

The idea he has regarding the milkfloat seems very interesting, but I guess wouldnt go down that well when he arrived at a show with his engine.

Ken

Is there any substance in the content of the page relating to BHP/torque?

Ken

Hang on that was brilliant surfing to find your own web page. Have trouble going to the toilet ?

If a fair amount of it is dodgy they go back and correct it, especially the part where you say your an engineer.

I tend to believe the post above that says you're not.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

A very intriguing site. This guy has ome interesting ideas, but I would not like to try some of the things he suggests. He obvioulsy lacks experience, and without a doubt exhibits some serious personality defects, as if he has a need to be overly agressive to cover his insecurity.

He demonstrates some nice lateral thinking, but doesn't seem to think it through. The milk float idea looks good on the surface, but when you consider a miilk float has a top speed of around 15 mph it would be a very frustrating mode of transport.

He DOES exhibit the attitude that was prevalent among engine users in their heyday i.e. using igenuity to keep things going, but he also seems to demonstrate what he condemns......bodging with mistaken the beliief he knows what he is doing.

From what I see I don't think I would want to spend much time with this chap, but I would probably listen to what he has to say and then discard all the b***s***

Just a pity that he seems to have the interest in engines, but not the spirit.

I will do some more checking ou of the search engine he recommends though. On the surface it seems useful

Alan

Reply to
Algernon

Isn't 'surfbaud' something to do with occasional poster (and oft agent provocateur) John Bunt?

Reply to
Nick H

You guys probably need to know that the OP has something of an ulterior motive. There's a world of darkness going on between him and the owner of the lister, and the OP is a prolific troll and usenet troublemaker. He posts under multiple names and so on - check UK local southwest, UK Isle of Wight, UK cars rec modifcations etc etc. I'd killfile him now if I were you.

Milkfloat From: Ken - view profile Date: Thurs, Aug 3 2006 11:13 pm Email: "Ken" Groups: uk.local.southwest Not yet ratedRating: show options Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

baldrick is an engineering genious.............who else would come up with a cunning plan to mount a powerful stationary heavy oil engine, on an old

electric milkfloat, and adapt the engine to power various things, including an extremely useful 138v DC generator!

Must be something they put in the water down in Devon..................lol

straggle

It is. This guy using a munged up version of the URL in the OP however is Chris Stevens, aka Ken and various other names, who Bunt recently took to court along with a couple of others for defamation. Bunt lost the case, apparently due to his mishandling of it.

Stevens' trolling activies seemed to diminish in the run up to the case but he has since reactivated his activities along with an apparent desire to get back at Bunt, hence postings like this one here.

Reply to
straggle

Interesting that bunt socks always seem to come out of the woodwork after anything to do with him is posted!

My post was a serious question regarding the validity of the content of bunts web pages, and has nothing whatseover to do with the ongoing legal action I am taking against him...................

Reply to
Ken

Nothing to do with your declared interest in taking the engine from him in lieu of expenses then? No, though not.

And for your information, I have nothing to do with Bunt. I am simply letting the good folks on this NG know that you hadn't innocently stumbled across the website on the Lister but have an ulterior motive.

And now they do.

Reply to
straggle

Perhaps you yourself would be happy to allow legal costs to remain unpaid?

And I cannot see how anyone commenting on bunts web pages is going to further my want to be paid what I am owed in any way. Perhaps you can expand on this point?

Ken

I am not remotely interested in the outcome of your childish feud with John Bunt on you.

I have no interest in debating with you. I have drawn the attention of the NG to the issues surrounding you and the owner of the Lister. If that is a problem for you then I suggest that it highlights your ulterior motives in this matter.

Reply to
straggle

You seem to be suggesting "ulterior motives" on my part.................maybe you can let everyone know what these might be?

Ken

If you have nothing to hide then there can be no objection to the drawing of attention to the issues that exist between yourself and the owner of the machine.

Reply to
straggle

'scuse me, but this NG tends towards things of a technical interest at least. May I most politely suggest, gentlemen, that you take this conversation off list?

Thanks.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

I have absolutely no interest in conversing with Chris Stevens beyond this. My aim here was to alert you all to the nature of the apparently innocent enquiry and I think you will have seen by his responses that there is more to the enquiry than a purely technical interest which was the only reason that I allowed him to draw me into a few responses.

If you google for "Ken" in his various alter egos around Usenet you will find that he has attempted to spoil a large number of NGs by his trolling and providing information of dubious value and crude abuse to those who show him for what he is. I suggest you do not allow him the satisfaction of that here by ignoring any further attempts he migh tmake to draw you out.

My work here, as they say, is done. Good luck.

Reply to
straggle

My OP has nothing whatsoever to do with anything other than asking what users of this group thought of the curious ideas detailed on the web page I denoted.

I cannot see why you seem to think that this is the case, and that anything other than the content of the OP is of any relevance whatsoever?

Ken

Seems a shame that trolls such as this seem to have limitless amounts of time to make posts that have nothing whatsoever to do with the topic under discussion, but do seem to have dubious ulterior motives........

Ken