What happened to the Standish show ?

Gentlefolk,

Please excuse the slightly-OT nature of this message, but this may well be the best place to ask...

There was a "Great Gloucestershire Heritage Show" advertised at Warren's Farm, Standish, Gloucestershire for this weekend; I saw it in "Tractor and Machinery", others had found it on the 'net. I was one of a fairly considerable number of people who turned up on Saturday or Sunday to find absolutely nothing happening. Calling the number given in the Events Listing just gave a 'number unobtainable' tone.

Does anyone here know what happened ?

Reply to
Bob Unitt

They did run the event last year and Hazel and I went along to see the fun of the fair..

After an hour, I commented to Hazel that like those leaders who find it necessary to include in their country's title "Peoples Democratic Republic of ......" because they are none of those things, the Great Gloucester Heritage Show fell into the same category ;o))

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

I'd rather have a free bottle in front of me than a free frontal lobotomy!

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Sorry about the late reply, for some reason I've only just received this...

In article , J K Siddorn writes

Thanks. When we asked some locals about the farmer running it, their reply was 'Oh yes, we could tell you a thing or two about *him*'...

Reply to
Bob Unitt