What ever happened to....

Do you remember Gareth, the radio ham who used to make a pain of himself here a few years ago? He popped up on a yahoo group I'm on this week. Made a couple of on topic posts, but soon reverted to his usual offensive drivel. Because yahoo groups are moderated he got booted straight off. It was a bit of a "blast from the past", and he doesn't seem to have changed much -I thought he might have mellowed with age.

Regards Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

I hear that, he is now, no longer human (well he never was) and has changed into a cartoon character in wizz :)

all the best.markj

Reply to
mark

The 16mmngm group is for those interested in 16mm scale narrow gauge railways.

A couple of people posted offensive material supporting the illegal invasion of Afghanistan.

I suggested that such material should not be discussed in an international discussion group that might well include members from the invaded country.

I was met with widespread disagreement.

Having now been told that a discussion of the war was acceptable to the long-standing members of the group, I added my two penniworth which was to criticise the illegal war and those who went along with it.

I did not originate the off topic discussion, and actually sought that it should not continue.

Do you seriously suspect that those of us who held deeply-held concerns about war-mongering should mellow with age? Why isn't it you who should mellow with age rather than blurting out silly infantile insulting remarks against those with whom you disagree, as quoted above?

Reply to
Gareth Evans G4SDW

When you blurt out infantile remarks, as you do above, then you say much about yourself, but actually nothng about your intended victim.

Stupid boy.

Reply to
Gareth Evans G4SDW

Now look what you have done Kevin! LOL It is no good running off to the other side of the world and thinking we can't get you!!

Reply to
Bob Minchin

The offensive is by those who participate in an illegal war, setting out to travel half way around the World and being fully prepared to kill their fellow man and blow up his property..

Ongoing discussion of those actions, either for or against those actions, in an exchange originated by others is fair comment and not in any way offensive.

(Similar to this off-topic thread, which I did not originate, but am merely asserting the right of reply in continuing)

I have sent the following to the group moderators ...

It seems from a post made to the Usenet group, "uk.rec.models.engineering" that I have, indeed, been banned.

This raises a number of questions.

  1. Have those who originated the off-topic discussion about the war in Afghanistan also been banned?

If not, why not?

  1. Has there been further discussion about the war since I was banned, and have those making those subsequent posts also been banned?

If not, why not?

  1. Has there been further discussion about the points that I raised, either for or against, and if so, have those making those subsequent posts also been banned?

If not, why not?

Reply to
Gareth Evans G4SDW

Oh, isn't this fun :>) I think the politicians involved with the policing action should be put against the wall and shot, not because of the policing action but because they are politicians. (egotisical self serving gravy training scum of the earth) Only partly in jest Have a nice day, y'all Gandalf for PM, oh but no, he can't he started a war, silly me TW

Reply to
the wizard

Much as it pains me to abuse usenet in this way; you're an arse. Live with it. Try not to inflict yourself on others more than is necessary. I don't care what your views on Afghanistan are; I come here to learn and chat about model engineering and related stuff. It's bad enough having whoever the idiot with a grudge against someone by the name of bunt is, (You can fcuk off as well) without another blowhard clogging up the bandwidth. Go forth and bore someone else; no-one here wishes to have your opinions inflicted upon them. I'm fairly sure no-one wants to hear my opinions on the subject either; there are more than enough existing fora to discuss geopolitics in without it lousing up this place. If you think I'm typing this after a session in the pub, you'd be right. So take your chip and your shoulder and poke them up your fundament, ta.

Reply to
hidetheelephants

Setting aside *** for the moment the infantile way in which you burst in on this thread; although it is apparent that your anonymous pseudonym is appropriate to include, "hidethe" for you are an undoubted yellow-bellied coward by hiding your silliness behind a veil of anonymity.

Your complaint is not with me for I only responded in self-defence by asserting the right of reply.Your complaint is with your fellow denizen of the infants' school playground, Kevin, who originated this thread in the first place.

You say that you are interested in matters of model engineering. Strnage, then, that you raise no objection to 95% of the threads in this NG which bear no relation to model engineering. Are you a hypocrite in addition to being an infantile yellow-bellied coward?

You say that you are interested in matters of model engineering. I suggest to you that discussion of 16mm scale railways and matters arising is very much the subject matter that you do want to discuss. Are you a hypocrite in addition to being an infantile yellow-bellied coward?

*** Returning now to your childishness ...

Stupid boy.

Reply to
Gareth Evans G4SDW

GE wrote > that you do want to discuss. Are you a hypocrite in addition to being an

Touche. I was drunk when I wrote my diatribe; what's your excuse?

Post prandial rudeness aside, what I wrote still stands; this is not Geopolitics discussion group. Please take it elsewhere.

Reply to
hidetheelephants