Winter projects

Gentlemen,

I suggested a website for winter projects and Peter Forbes has kindly given up some space, I haven't forgotten but have decided to hold my project for a month because I have a new engine arriving pretty soon so will take some pics. (Dan please don't give the game away) Anybody else going to take the plunge.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

My first project will be to tidy up the garage/workshop once all these people have removed their engines so I can move again... ;-)) My current plan is, as ever, to get some more trolleys built for various engines particularly the Crossley TSH so I can cover everyone with black spots next year, plus an interesting challenge of creating a siamese twin of National

5V's on the same base.

Another project which has now come forward in the queue is the old Concrete mixer I bought off ebay recently. It was bought to use (and I and the seller thought it had a Petter engine), however I was playing today and it turns out to be a Coborn engine which is a little different and so merits restoring. Got it freed off and some compression however the cooling cowling has rotted out and needs repair and the flywheel has so far resisted all attempts to move it. Left it to soak whilst I'm out playing at the Rally at Bromham mill (near Bedford) tomorrow and I'll have another go with a proper puller next week.

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden