Blow to engine collecting

Gentlemen,

I am afraid that I have to announce that my engine collecting days are over for at least the next three years :-(( this due to the fact that my Daughters fool of a boyfriend got down on his knee on the top of the Eiffel Tower last week and asked if she would wed him to which she replied yes. I suppose there is a happy note regarding the fact that I will gain back a tip which she refers to as her bedroom. Any way much saving and talking to bank manager I think but should any of you have some spare cash then I will open a Wedding fund :-)).

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Forgot to mention I am quite chuffed actually :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Why?? Does he want to borrow your engines or something? I would have though an extra pair of hands for polishing / restoring etc would be an excuse to expand.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

My father in law (a Northern Ireland tractor collector of some note) has three daughters.

What with the cost of weddings, car hire etc., he decided that this was the perfect excuse to acquire a '30s Austin 6 for wedding transport. And very nice it is too - I chauffered it for one wedding, rode in the back for another.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I was just going to say that you were pretty chirpy about it the other day!

Shouldn't make any difference to your engine collecting at all, just gives you an extra room for hardware storage...:-))

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

tongue in cheek peter ,tongue in cheek :-))

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Just think Martin, thats another engine store when the bedrooms vacated ;-) Every cloud has a silver lining !!! Cheers, MartinH

Reply to
Martin Hirst

Congratulations Martin and to the happy couple. Are you sure about regaining a room. With house prices as high as they are, you could be gaining a lodger.

John

Reply to
John Manders

John, Thank you, lodgers are not an option :-)) unless she is in her late 20s etc :-)) and enjoys steam rally's.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Martin,

As a cheap wedding present how about giving the soon to be happy couple an engine? Would make some more room in your shed then.....

Best wishes to you all,

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Well now Martin, all you have to do is put some shelving round the bedroom walls, and you'll have somewhere to display all your camping stoves to their best advantage. In fact you'll probably have room for a few more :-) This will free up valuable shed space for another engine or so. Its really all worked out quite well hasn't it :-))

Best regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
ClaraNET

There's always asilver cloud as you all have pointed out :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

I was under the impression that if the future son-in-law didn't ask your permission to marry your daughter first the deal was off. Make them pay for their own wedding. It's the modern way.

Glad you're happy though.

Reply to
Steve Simpson

He did ask and as they are past the age of consent I asked how much did he want to take her there and then :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman