Aggressive customers

I have had a run of rude, aggressive, smart alec customers lately, mostly on auto jobs. Did an auto lockout yesterday, guy rings up and tells me his useless (*&*$_(^ wife has locked the keys in the #$(&%_% car at the local shopping center. He really sounded 'agro'. I was there in less than 10 minutes, to find this jerk yelling abuse at his missus in front of dozens of passing shoppers. The vehicle was fairly new, and this guy was all over me making sure I didn't scratch it or damage something. I stood back and told him to please stand back and give me room to work, as the car space was pretty tight between parked cars. He didn't like being told what to do, and said he would stand where ever he #(^_(^-# wanted. I had the car open in a couple of minutes, to an encore from this clown of, "oh, it took you long enough, I could have down what you just did". ............ I reached into the car, pushed the lock button down, slammed the door shut, and said to the guy "have fun smart arse". I looked at him standing by his car as I drove off, I really thought his head was going to explode, but his wife had a smile on her face.

Reply to
Steve Paris

One friend of mine (who is taller and heavier than I, he's about six foot, and maybe 300#) had a similar moment.

I don't remember the details, as it was about 1985 as he was telling me this. Late for his airplane flight, if memory serves. The fellow's response was something like "Forty dollars! I won't pay you forty dollars for that!!". So Dave says OK, throws the keys back in, and starts to walk off.

The expected whimering about catching the flight. So, Dave nicks the fellow another $40 for the second opening, too.

I admit, I'm not that callous.

I'm curious if he found another lockie. Did you call around and tell everyone in town about him?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Way to go Steve! I'm proud of ya! Just wish I could have been there to see it.

Bobby

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML, CJS

Hi Chris, No I didn't ring round the other guys, I had a heap of jobs booked in and didn't want to waste another minute on this loser. Felt sorry for his wife though, she was really coping an embarrassing verbal bashing in front of the passing shoppers. He was just a bloody pig of a man, and I just won't put up with that sort of sh*t these days. Cheers all.

Reply to
Steve Paris

Good one,Steve. It seems that lately, I have had a rash of customers who are busy calling around for the lowest price(What is this???Too much watching Richard Shatner????)

One night I'm fueling up and this guy calls, says he's got a 97-or something Lumina with the keys locked in and was "calling around."

I quoted him my price-he paused in hesitation. So I told him"If you want me to open it call me back." Never called back.

Next morning, I walk down to the service station on the corner.I know the guy who runs it and he brings me work now and then. This guy pulls up in a 97-or whatever Lumina. In a town this size, I knew it was him-LOL The window was so far out of track, he had to watch how he shut the door. He was talking to the gas station guy and pointing at it.The guy told him something,then walked away.

I guess he is still calling around-LOL

goma.

Reply to
goma865

steve, i gotta tellya, all your posts about shitty people in Australia are really destroying my image of that continent. I was brought up, thanks to incessant Qantas ads on TV in the 70's, with an image of friendly people all happy and living in paradise petting Koala bears for something to do.

One of the things I ponder doing someday is traveling down there first class on one of those nice 747's with the sleeper seats.

Now you're making it seem worse than the United States. And trust me, even for a supposedly civilized country that this pretends to be, that's bad.

Reply to
billb

the following is NOT recommended...

this AM, met the police dept maintenance person to rekey and pull the master from the 'evidence room lock'.. seems there was an unknown key floating around.. plus pulled the master from another..

hour later pager goes off with police dept number..

ok..wondered what was screwed up..

handed off to second person on phone.. was I available to go assist the fire department with a car unlock? baby in car.. (it WAS cool here today, low 80's and VERY cloudy..) baby had been there some while..2 year old..screaming her head off really good..plus was getting a bit warmish.. 03 Accord BTW..

drove BY a cop with radar (that was working) and I was doing a tad over 40 in a 30 zone-waved at him and kept going.. he never moved..

got the VERY wet, mad kid out OK. had big fire truck, ambulance, 3 other fire cars, but no cops---which was odd..

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

actually, that might have been fun, explain the situation to the cop and get Code 3 escort. the cop wasn't going to argue, fat chance he wanted to be called to court to testify, "yes, I held up the locksmith and the child died"

that's the kind of psychic thrill that most of us only experience only once or twice in a lifetime. I know I've had it at least twice and it's a great sensation.

what's weird, I've found, is when you save a life and people are just ho-hum about it. oh well.

Reply to
billb

Ha ha, you will come across nasty people anywhere you go these days. Because I do a lot of work for Real Estate companies, as well as Bank mortgage repo's, evictions, and Aboriginal and government housing projects around town, I do see a bit of the under belly of society. But I must say that 99.999% of Aussies are great people, and I guess that's why so many Americans are immigrating to OZ. Mind you, we only let the nice one in, :-) In fact, only last month I attended my sister in-laws wedding down in Brisbane, she married a Las Vegas real estate agent, who has sold up everything over there and moved 'down under'. I tried to teach him to speak English that weekend but damned if I could get him to quit rolling his ARRRRRRRS. :-)). Cheers all.

Reply to
Steve Paris

Don't let him put you off bill... you can't tell me those types of customers aren't all over the world.... they're what makes my job so interesting...

Reply to
steve

I would have done the same thing Steve but would have walked away when he said "he would stand where ever he #(^_(^-# wanted."

had a similar thing happen at the lake on a lost key situation after I had made the new keys. the new keys went swimming in the lake with the lost ones :-)

g'day

Reply to
Key

"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61-#spamblock*-@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:UCWAe.25011$e% snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

don't know about down under but here in the states its not really legal to try and black-ball someone.

Reply to
Key

around here, they usually just break the window in that particular situation.

Reply to
Key

Steve, I thought your sister in-law married that Las Vegas real estate agent last year ? remember when you said she came to the states to visit him. maybe that was another relative?

g'day Steve

Reply to
Key

She met him on a cruise from LA to Mexico (she was on a 'free-bee' trip) as she's a travel agent. She went over to visit him last year in Vegas, when he popped the big question, then he sold up everything, and moved here about

6 months ago, then they got hitched last month. Damndest thing at the wedding reception, 'his' adult daughter who flew out for the wedding, was showing off swigging down a mix of vodka and tomato juice, and then eating salt, and getting louder and louder, then she stands up and announces to all at the wedding that in fact her father has been married seven times before, but he likes his new wife best !. She then proceeded to throw up all over the brides maids beautiful dresses,(my daughter included). We were NOT amused :-) .. The family knew he had been married before BUT 7 times is a bit of a worry, ha ha.
Reply to
Steve Paris

if the sun had been out-they would have --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

responded in personal mail..

later Steve

Reply to
Key

hell, around here they would have the spots from a couple of fire-trucks and about three police cars on and wouldn't need the sun :-) and they say its a free service. yea right !!!

Reply to
Key