Broken twig in lock

Being a typical 7 year old boy, my son stuck a stick in the car lock and it broke off. The pieces are stuck way in there (the little "door" to the lock closes and I can no longer even see the pieces). I have a

94 Toyota Camry with over 135K miles on it. What would it cost to get the thing fixed and is it worth it?

Deb

Reply to
deb_dolittle

"it happens" :-)

good thing the "little door" still closes. milage really doesn't matter.

drive your car to your local locksmith shop. it shouldn't cost much to remove the wood and then lube the lock. we would charge around ten bucks. (if no wafer damage has accured requiring lock removal)

that's your decision..

g'day

- "Key"

Reply to
Key

twig, tooth picks.. PAPER clips.. be amazed what can get shoved in..

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Try a broken key,one that was the wrong one in the first place, jammed in by a drunk guy-there's some fun.

The lock may not have to be removed to extract that. If it was brought to me-yep-right around ten.

Later, goma.

Reply to
goma865

I needed to lock up 'a place' one day, while a new complete lock was coming, so with the owners permission AND blessing, I took a key that fit 'sorta' and a hammer and drove it in the keyhole, then broke it off.. the only way it would come out was with a drill, and they would then IMMEDIATELY know it had been messed with.. it solved their immediate problem..

and the REAL fun, is the GM key (or chrysler) inserted upside down in the lock, THEN caught.. asked if their previous car was the other brand..-it always was. --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

I've seen the Chrysler key inserted upside down. Seen it several times. Usually I can get a peaceful resolution to the problem. Only have to take the steering colum apart a few inches or so.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61-#spamblock*-@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:l%%Ae.27939$e% snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

a Chrysler key inserted upside down can be easly removed. usually without any dissembly. thats all I can say on this open forum.

Reply to
Key
[snip]

In the old days of Usenet, this was called wasting bandwidth. These days, one can only assume that you want everyone to know that you know the deep dark secret about that tiny little pinhole under the escutcheon of Chrysler keyholes known only to those who have learned the secret handshake.

(And if you can't see the pinhole, you need a better blowdryer !!)

Sheesh !

Reply to
Tom Rauschenbach

this isn't the "old days" however, security really means more these days.

I know because I have 23+ years expierence in the losksmith trade. how may do you have tom? also, you assumed wrong. that "tiny little pinhole" has absolutly nothing to do with the porcedure I was talking about.

doesn't apply..

Reply to
Key

What's so secret about pushing the key buzzer back with a pick on the bottom of the keyway? It's not like it's a security compromise.

Reply to
MonkeyWithATypewriter.com

Yep, I know the technique. But I've always felt more comfortable taking the steering wheel off, to do the removal that way.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

oh yes it is. what if a person done that and then left the car there with the upside down key still stuck in the ignition? would you want any tom, dick or harry to know how to remove the key and drive the car off?

got a clue now?

Reply to
"Key

"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61-#spamblock*-@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:LdyBe.43456$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

why would you waste 15 minutes instead of 15 seconds? time is $$$'s

Reply to
"Key

Real close to a plonk.

Reply to