Megger/Wheatstone Bridge to a good home?

I've been given a Megger (500V Hand Generator), it's not actually a Wheatstone bridge, but it does do the Varley Bridge measurement.
Resistance measurement from MegOhms to MilliOhms!
I've already got one, which I use for accurate resistance measurement (Box is about 9" cube) and I don't need another!
Free to a good home!
Airy R.Bean wrote:

Very generous, but why not put it on Ebay and donate the profit to charity?
If you can't be bothered, I would happily put it on for you and send you the link so you could see how much it made and send you the charity receipt for the amount it got, less postage and listing costs.
If you haven't ever sold anthing on Ebay - why not make this the first?
--
Sue

I am opposed to organised charities which are a means for the paid officials to pursue what is essentially their hobby, but at the expense of money that we might otherwise be putting into our own hobbies.

charity?
Airy R.Bean wrote:

At this moment, there ar rain clouds moving southward to Port au Prince, Haiti. When they get there, in a few hours, the rivers will carry all the rubbish and sewage from the whole city into the slums of Cite Soleil. The shacks typically fill with raw sewage to waist-height and parents have to stand, holding up their children, for the hours until the water subsides. There is no high ground to run to. Apart from the area around the President's Palace, most of the city gets electricity for a couple of hours a day. Cite Soleil gets none at all, so people have to endure this in total darkness - year after year after year. I can picture it because I worked there, pursuing my hobby working as a volunteer for an organised charity..
--
Sue

And from what you say, you made no difference at all to the emotive scene that you describe; because, as you say, this still happens year after year. (Despite that you were pursuing the hobby that made you feel good at the time, and that, seemingly, makes you feel self-satisfied today.)
If I wanted a break in foreign parts, a break that would make me feel good, then I'd expect to have to pay for it myself.

Airy R.Bean, village idiot wrote: < pious crap snipped >

You can afford a holiday in Haiti on benefits? (should that be 'Beanyfits')? Maybe I should quit my job and sign on. ...(_!_)...
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI wrote:

If you have useful tranferable skills (eg electrical engineering, electronics, computing, anything medical/dental, just for starters) then you can indeed afford a holiday in Haiti on benefits. You will also get the opportunity to learn a fairly interesting, albeit not widely used, language. You will make a whole load of holiday friends who you won't have to worry about dropping in on you back home - as they certainly won't get visas.
Oh, in between days on the beach with a bottle of coke in your hand (keep the bottle - you have to hand back an empty to buy a full one), you might care to make yourself feel good by doing the skills transfer bit.
Several charities will actually pay for the flights, accomodation and a modest allowance..but not just at the moment as it is a tad dangerous, even for holiday-makers.
--
Sue

Palindr☻me wrote:

Beanie would have the world believe he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. In reality I can't think of any 'useful transferable skills' he could prove, so I suppose that lets him out.
You will also

Judging by his posts he has enough trouble with English.
You will make a whole load of holiday friends who you

I'll drink to that.

Sounds like a severe shortage of glass.

I'll pay for Beanie's one way ticket.
--
;>)
73 de Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI - mine's a pint.

Cit Soleil, seems a most inappropriate name for such a place.
Perhaps you could get the Yanks, who are responsible for most of the problems in that part of the world, to help?
Jock.
--
"Collective fear stimulates herd instinct,
and tends to produce ferocity toward those

Perhaps you could elaborate on your most asinine statement?
--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email

Do I need to? Have a look at Iraq.
Jock.
--
"Collective fear stimulates herd instinct,
and tends to produce ferocity toward those

Yes you do. Iraq is not in close proximity to Haiti.
--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email

True, but the Yanks are too thick to appreciate that.
Jock.
--
"Collective fear stimulates herd instinct,
and tends to produce ferocity toward those
Subject: Re: Megger/Wheatstone Bridge to a good home? Newsgroup: alt.engineering.electrical => Jock. <= wrote:>>Yes you do. Iraq is not in close proximity to Haiti.

You are talking to a 'yank'. Now....
Explain your statement if you wish to be taken seriously.
Otherwise, I'll assume you're just a troll.
--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email

It's a safe assumption Graham.

We all have our problems ...
Jock.
--
"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be
able to pass a literacy test".
Airy R.Bean wrote:

This man agrees with the murder of police officers, and members of his own armed forces, claiming they deserve it. There is no chance of him being charitable. He has as much charity as a concentration camp guard.
Airy R.Bean wrote:

This man agrees with the murder of police officers, and members of his own armed forces, claiming they deserve it. There is no chance of him being charitable. He has as much charity as a concentration camp guard.
They are actually used for testing electrical insulation (you know by electricians!!). For accurate resitance measurements you'd be better off spending a fiver on a brand new DVM from Maplin (they are in the bins near the tills). Why do you want to measure accurate resistance anyway? The tolerances of resisters used in electronics are as wide as barn doors.
Still stick it on ebay and you might get for a quid for it. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item869235592 (that's 3869235592)
--73 de G1LVN GB3SL (Yes GB3SL) streaming audio at: http://www.g1lvn.org.uk
I mustn be in Bean's kill file. He never replys to me.