OT--Rules of life for the shop

Sometimes we Just Need to Remember What The Rules of Life Really Are... You need only two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Don't forget "The Shop Must Always be Bigger than the House"

Mark

Reply to
Mark Winlund

And if you are my brother in law, one tool is enough. A big F hammer, if it won't move,use the hammer. If it won't stay, use the hammer. Brother in laws, you just got to love them!

Rusty Bates

Reply to
Rusty Bates

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 01:36:25 -0700, michael pixelated:

I asked my realtor to look for "shop with attached house."

-------------------------------------------------------------------- Unfortunately, the term "Homo Sapiens" is a goal, not a description. ----

Web Design for YOUR Business!

Larry Jaques

Humph! That's only for those that don't understand just how nice it can be to live with your mill and lathe. :-)

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

At least they don't nag and make list of things for you to do. :-)

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

Must be great for cooking - cast a cylinder of pastry, heat treat it to harden, use a parting tool to seperate off a 1cm thick disk, bore the remainder out in the lathe, pack with meat, heat treat to taste...

ABS

Reply to
Alaric B Snell

A sign for the shop door:

" With these tools I can fix anything but a broken heart and the crack of dawn"

You might also appreciate why some men have shops:

A man came home from work. He sat in his favorite chair, turned on the TV and said to his wife, "Quick, bring me a beer before it starts." She looked a little puzzled, but brought him a beer anyway. When he finished it, he said, "Quick, bring me another beer. It's gonna start." This time she looked a little angry, but decided to bring him the beer.

When it was gone he said, "Quick, one more before it starts." She blows her top. "That's it! You b_*&^$# You waltz in here, flop your fat ass down, don't even say hello to me and then expect me to run around like your slave bringing you beer ?? Don't you realize that I cook and clean and wash and iron all day long?"

The husband sighed, "Aw Shit, it started..."

#################### Keep the whole world singing. . . Dan G (remove the 7)

Reply to
Dan G

I know what you doing. And you know what I'm doing.

michael

After months of looking for a house with a large garage for a shop or one without, with room to build, we gave up and told our realtor to keep a look out for us. She called one day and her exact words were, "I found your garage!", and yes, she did. We bought it! The house was not to bad either! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

That's the funniest thing I've heard all week! Lane

Reply to
Lane

Ha! You get the prize for the first out loud laugh of the day :^).

John

Please note that my return address is wrong due to the amount of junk email I get. So please respond to this message through the newsgroup.

Reply to
John Flanagan

Sounds like a variant of the old US Army Axiom:

If it moves shoot it, if it doesn't paint it.

Rick Renner

Reply to
Rick Renner

Need a sofa, fridge, and dog.

Reply to
David Todtman

michael scribed in :

house, yes, I remember they mentioned that on the forsm at the bank. but what I bought wasn't a house...

I've got a bit of land with two buildings on it the one building holds the car at night, plus a good bit of 'things that look useful'. at the end it has a 3x3 meter room that holds the lathe and other tools, plus more stuff that looks useful.

the other building is curious, because it has at least one room that is almost exclusively used for sleeping in, though things have been fixed there. there is another room where my son sleeps, which also contains the 2 computers and the polishing mop/motor. another room is best forgotten as my daughters sleep there but how they find the beds is a mystery. finding the floor is even harder. this is also a bicycle storage area, which it works well at, when you can find them. fortuneatly I purchased a bigger bike for one of them yesterday so it will be easier to find.

another curious room is what my wife calls the 'lounge' and insists on having comfy chairs and floor space in there. this is a great place to work on bicycles as there is room to turn them over etc. sadly, I had to fold up the trestles and the interior door that was on them to make space for the daughter age 13 to have a sleepover.

the place she calls the kitchen is weird because food comes out of there regularly, but that process doesn't interfere with the storage of more useful stuff. but I must move the box of bicycle parts and tools off the highest shelf in there, getting to be a bind to fetch a stool to get it down.

now the place we eat is also a weird one, because it is good to eat there, with the dining table and chairs and all, but should inspiration strike, there is at least the table in the corner with the toolbox and task light, where one can make things. this is in fact where my wife fixes sewing machines,a nd the nearby sideboard holds things like a small vice and the soldering iron.

now the estate agent pointed out the lovely wooden floor in what she called the 'passage'. weird lady. this is in fact a room where we store a bicycle or two, plus incoming and outgoing sewing machines.

house? where?

Reply to
DejaVU

LMAO! I believe you put one over on the bank! Wonder if they will ever know they've been slickered?

michael

Reply to
michael