3 link vs Kadee

In message , Roger T. writes

What do your consists consist of?

Reply to
John Sullivan

"John Sullivan"

Locomotives, if it's a locomotive consist.

However, "consist", to a railroader, means the train being pulled by the locomotive at the headend.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Salvé Roger T. skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet: snipped-for-privacy@grapevine.isla ndnet.com...

When I was at Broad Street guard school (for want of a better expression for a portacabin on a platform....)in 79 a consist which is a North american expression was called a train or a formation. a section of a train was called a portion , ie rear or forward portion. there is another term for a train which escapes me for the moment. Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

More accurate than 3 link anyway!

Reply to
Martin

What is a train with a locomotive at each end? VIA Rail is running at least some of its Toronto-Montreal trains this way - 4 or 5 refurbished

1950s Budd stainless steel coaches with a 4250-hp Genesis at both ends. Pretty good power-to-weight ratio, and no loco turning required!
Reply to
MartinS

The same terminology is used for air hose couplings on articulated trucks (lorries). Pretty obvious why.

Reply to
MartinS

Kadee now have a range of 'scale couplers'. Don't waste your time with the old narrow gauge types. See my web page on Kadee scale couplers. I model H0, my equipment has buffers. For 00 scale you could mount them at H0 height, negating the need to cut away the head stock.

Reply to
Terry Flynn