30% discount

Hobbycraft shop in Nottingham ( and I would assume other Hobbycraft shops ) has 30% discount on all Bachmann steam and diesel locos

Reply to
Bob Heath

"Bob Heath" wrote

Sounds like a good way to go out of business to me!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Depends how much they were charging to start with! Maybe it is like those electrical shops which offer a huge discount, but on some spurious price supposedly once offered for 28 days at their Rockall branch.

Reply to
Arthur Figgis
30% of what?
Reply to
Rob Kemp

Maybe it is like

Ah the Rockall branch - bought my Puffin Billy there

Reply to
Gazza

Did Bachmann have a stock take week recently - perhaps someone found a huge pile of boxes in the corner labeled "Deliveries For Low Volume Outlets - Non Urgent".

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

There's f*ck all on Rockall.

MartinS

"MartinS" wrote

Loadsa bird muckings allegedly.

John.

Reply to
John Turner
30% off extortionate

Might make the prices more like the model shops but I doubt it

Reply to
Martin

Guano make you an offer you can't refuse... Brian

Reply to
BH Williams

Well my local(ish) Hobbycraft normally charges list price for toy train stuff, as does the remaining local model shop. :-/

Reply to
airsmoothed

The local model shop maybe open to negotiation on big ticket items though.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Tank/hopper wagon I really want to make one day is illustrated in (IIRC Petroleum Rail Tank Wagons of Britain R. Tourret - Tourret Publishing -

1980 - ISBN 0 905878 02 7 ) owned by the splendidly named 'Scottish Fish Oil and Guano Co. Interesting design as well.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

Why, it probably means they are still getting 30%!

Reply to
Alan Holmes