A Minor Observation

I've just noticed that on Bachmann's packaging for the 'Dorset Voyager', that they mark it as Scale '1:76 / 00'

Now that's what I call accurate packaging... ;-)

Reply to
Ian J.

In message , Ian J. writes

Accurate? OO is 1:76.2 :-) (That's 12 inches at 25.4 mm. per inch, divided by 4)

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Well, one could of course see it as very inaccurate, as 00 is a compromise within 1:76...

Reply to
Ian J.

This is like the apocryphal conversation between an engineer and an elderly blacksmith. The engineer told the blacksmith that he had to make things that were accurate to within a thousandth of an inch. The blacksmith retorted "That wouldn't do for me, when I make something it's got to be exact"

Reply to
Bruce