AD:MODEL RAILSHOW 2003

A reminder to those in South East England that the Beckenham & West Wickham MRC exhibition is this weekend at: Langley Park Boys School South Eden Park Road Beckenham Kent

21 layouts plus trade and societies.
Reply to
John Bishop

In message , John Bishop writes

Opening times? Cost of admission?

Reply to
John Sullivan

In article , John Sullivan writes

Sorry, posted late at night and I was a bit tired.

exhibition guide)

any other questions?

Reply to
John Bishop

Discount vouchers for the newsgroup regulars who intend purchasing from the trade stands? :-)

Reply to
Chris Wilson

In message , Chris Wilson writes

I'll second that one :-)

But, on a more serious note, how about BWWMRC doing their own range of private owner wagons from local coal merchants, etc.?

Reply to
John Sullivan

Not much use for my GWR and L&Y aspirations. All the same it may be nice though, I'm looking for additional goods stock.

BTW I notice that they've finally got new club rooms if I ever escape central London and get back to working locally I may go down on my knees and beg them to take me as a new member. The Orpington club looks good as well - one of my old retired work colleagues is actually a member as I found out at last years Langley, however they all appear to be P4 or O gauge oriented IOW to precise or to expensive at least until I get to retire as well!

I take it that you're going to the exhibition? I'll be there Saturday afternoon - son's got football at Edenbridge in the morning and Sunday we're back up north to visit in-laws and out-laws.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

In message , Chris Wilson writes

Yes, I'll be going, but probably on Sunday as I'm a tad busy on Saturday.

I used to be a member, until I ran out of spare time to go to club nights, and let my membership lapse.

Reply to
John Sullivan

In article , Chris Wilson writes

Damn that Wilson, he's stolen my thunder. Yes we formally acquire new clubrooms on Friday although Horton is already stored in them.

We have three rooms: one will be to operate layouts - Horton (OO) will fit in and can be operated in analogue mode. A future option will be Farnborough Road (O) which must be operational (but not necessarily fully scenicked) for Ashford on 01/05/04: plus one of our N gauge layouts.

The smallest room (no funnies, please) will be for construction / maintenance work with the middle sized room for the library, tea, etc. Probably meeting on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from November; but interested parties will need to contact me off line first for directions.

Private owners - I have a few local photographs from my research at Gloucester. But I wonder how many local merchants actually had their own wagons? The club's "Home territory" was built up after World War 1 when houses had coal bunkers rather than cellars. Deliveries would have been little and often - my question is would that result in a plethora of small traders rather than a few large merchants? Small traders wouldn't have their own wagons, but would be dependant on factors' wagons.

Which doesn't answer Chris' question. We probably cannot afford to commission ready to run models and anyway the quality isn't that good. Would you be interested in building POW Sides - which are pre-lettered Slaters kits? Comments please, although my modelling commitments probably means not before 2005. Farnborough Road has to be fully scenicked for Telford next September.

I should be pleased to meet Chris (again), John, Bernard or any newsgroup members. I'm often found in the car park (in the rain), but will wear my club badge.

Reply to
John Bishop

That was John's, mine was about discount vouchers for NG regulars ... which you didn't answer! :-)

Depends on how much room I have by then, but possibly, drop me a line a bit closer to the time if you firm up your idea.

I'll look out for you, BTW what happened to Ashburton circa 1944? I note that it's been dropped from your website, just to old perhaps? (The layout that is?).

Looking forward to Horton.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

In message , John Bishop writes

That's how Dragon Models do their POWs. Answer: Yes.

Reply to
John Sullivan