Aluminium Angle for Storage Cassettes

Does anybody know of a source of lengths of aluminium angle, as used by many exhibition layouts in the construction of storage cassettes?

Tried local B&Q, but couldn't see any.

Thanks in anticipation.

Roy.

Reply to
Roy Harris

Roy,

Not all branches now seem to stock it. What you are looking for is the rack that has the hardwood sections in. The aluminium is in these as well. These racks are often hidden at the end of an isle so that the long lengths are behind the shelves. I bought all but my last batch from B&Q, the most recent came from Homebase on 10% off day :-) Make sure you sight along each length by eye before purchase, some lengths have definite kinks in them.

Tony Comber

Reply to
TonyComber

Roy,

Our local B&Q in Yate carries a good range of allow sections and I use two or three of them in making mounts for point motors, etc. They are stored in a rack along with steel, plastic and brass sections.

You might have to hunt since I've noticed that B&Q branches seem to have a fair bit of autonomy on layout of stock lines.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

As others have said, at B&Q it is often stored with other metal, such as studding.

However, why not try your yellow pages for a local 'Metal Stockist'.

Best of luck.

Reply to
David Smith

In the case of the Yate store this is located in the middle of the aisle for drill bits and, if I recall correctly, chain rather than with the wooden mouldings. Radical suggestion, ask at the information desk :-)

Reply to
Chris White