Annual MREMAG Wishlist Poll - 2009

Please be advised that the Annual Wishlist poll run by Pat Hammond / MREMAG is currently open for the month of march. This is everyone's opportunity to vote for the models they would like
to see the manufacturers make - the results of the poll are passed to the manufacturers.
The poll can be found at:
http://www.mremag.com or http://www.mrol.com.au
Graham Plowman
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 8, 7:15 am, snipped-for-privacy@gppsoftware.com wrote:

The only trouble is that it is so complex, I found that I spent ages worrying if I was making the best decision.
Whereas in the past I might have voted for a B16, now I wonder if I should vote for a B16/3 because it would be more relevant to the timescale of my layout, but would I be spreading the vote too thinly?
This applies to many other loco classes.
Does that make sense?
Add pictures here
✖
On the 8 Mar 2009, snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:
<snip>

Which period are you modelling? The majority of B16s were never rebuilt so they're good for pretty much any period post-grouping - NER built 38 and LNER a further 32 so anyone modelling pre-grouping would have to be careful. Class breakdown:-
B16/1 to end - 46. Last withdrawl Sept' 1961 Rebuilt to B16/2 - 7 engines. Last withdrawl July 1964 Rebuilt to B16/3 - 17 engines. Last withdrawl June 1964
B16/1 number 925 was destroyed during WW2.
RCTS Locomotives of the LNER Volume 2B and Yeadon's Register of Locomotives Volume 17 are excellent references for this class.
The B16/1 would be a pretty attractive candidate for an RTR model as the only kit I'm aware of is the DJH one which is rather old now and a bit basic by modern standards. IIRC, the B16/3 one is newer.
--
Jades' First Encounters Site - http://www.jades.org/ffe.htm
The best Frontier: First Encounters site on the Web.

Early 60s generally. I suppose that I could stretch my imagination to the 16/1s but I dont like to run stock that would never have been seen together in real life.
Thanks for the withdrawal info.
John
Add pictures here
✖