Armoured vehicles and loading gauge...

Well, they'd be arriving in semi-dismantled form..

Yep. The old museum of army transport at Beverley had a Crusader displayed on a railway wagon.

googling doesn't seem to turn up any images, though.

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

It's also worth noting that there are (or at least were) rules & regs for out of gauge loads, including special bell codes for wrong-road running, trains that cannot be passed etc, so the loading gauge is/was not absolute. I seem to recall that out-of-gague load rules were abandoned fairly recently.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Locomotion, the National Railway Museum in Shildon, has a 1940-built Warflat with a Crusader tank on it. The tank is painted as it was in the desert.

I'll see if I can get a photo of it.

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell

Graham Thurlwell wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@d.thurlwell.btopenworld.com:

I couldn't get your page to load otherwise I woldn't ask, but FFE? That's another blast from the past I don't suppose that there will ever be a new one will there? I know that there was some talk but that was years ago ...

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Same truck/tank, I think.. Now I come to think of it, it certainly looked familiar.

No picture on their site, though :(

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

Hosting provider's servers appear to have been down for maintenance for several days last week but the problem appears to have been sorted.

Official word from Frontier Developments is that 'Elite 4' is currently in the early stages of development but won't be out until after they've released The Outsider. I'd be surprised if it's out before 2009, TBH.

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell

Graham Thurlwell wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@d.thurlwell.btopenworld.com:

Oh I don't care, I know have another reason to live.

Reply to
Chris Wilson