Bachmann Deltic

15 coaches up a 40:1 hill, no problem! And factory-fitted lights. Triffic.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

But will it take 40 coaches up a 15:1 hill?

Reply to
MartinS

MartinS wrote in news:A_4fl.4675$E% snipped-for-privacy@newsfe04.iad:

The old Hornby one with magnetic wheels on "super six" track could do. Oh how standards have slipped :-)

Chris

Reply to
Periander

A Deltic on Hopton Incline, now that would have been a sound never to be forgotten.

Reply to
crazyh0rse1

"Periander" wrote

Tri-ang/Hornby never made a 'Deltic'.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Turner" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:

Don't take me to literally mate, by the way, I've very nearly saved for that purchase we discussed - better late than never!

Reply to
Periander

In message , John Turner writes

Hornby-Dublo did, but that didn't have "Magnadhesion", which was a Tri-ang invention

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

"Jane Sullivan" wrote

Indeed and that's what initially confused me.

Gosh that Dublo 'Deltic' was an abortion - worse than the original Lima effort for scale.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Which explains why Hattons had then for sale, years after the Hornby factory closed. Sorry I think I mean the Co-Bo. Not so sure why that had RH points, but never any left ones. ;-) Then there was the 110 Volt transformers. ;-P

Kevin Martin

Reply to
Kevin Martin

Yes, thank god Hornby didn't waste time and money reviving that awful Lima model.... :)

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

"Fred X" wrote

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

On 27/01/2009 20:56, Fred X said,

Indeedy. That would have been a hugely rash waste of money.

Paul Boyd