Bangor through traffic

Can anyone tell me what traffic uses the through lines at Bangor station ?

The reason for asking is that they obviously are in use, but all passengers traffic stops in the platform roads. The only freight traffic left is the nuclear flask traffic, but i would have thought that was fairly infrequent.

Thanks,

Richard.

Reply to
Zarnywoop

The Bangor I know has no through lines.

Reply to
GbH

"Zarnywoop" > wrote

Is that Bangor in Co. Down, Ireland or the one in North Wales?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Nuclear flask traffic to Valley

Twice a week but not always.

Nick

Nick Gurney

Surely the Holyhead trains go through Bangor?

--=20 Les Pickstock

Reply to
Les Pickstock

Yes they do, but the question was about what uses the 'through' lines. Holyhead trains would obviously go through the platform lines!

Nick

Nick Gurney

Do I take it that there are no container trains these days then? Is there no freight by rail using the port of Holyhead these days?

Dave W.

Reply to
David Westerman

No, hasn't been any container trains from Holyhead since March 1991

Nick

Nick Gurney

Oops, I posted to the wrong newsgroup should have been uk.railway.

Thanks, for the answers through.

Richard.

Nick Gurney wrote:

Reply to
Zarnywoop

There's the occasional ECS movement (HST sets to/from Longsight), but not much else; as other posters have said, the only goods traffic is nuclear flasks. The Octel plant on Anglesey doesn't use rail any more (there's another chemical works, Eastman Peboc, at Llangefni, but I don't think the Amlwch branch ever served it), and there are no more container trains to Holyhead.

David E. Belcher

Reply to
David E. Belcher

Maine?

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

"......and there are no more container trains to Holyhead."

They should have transferred everything from that small place called Liverpool......except the lingo, that is .....;-))

The N.Wales lines should be turned into the largest preservation line in the UK......after all, N.Wales relies upon tourism anyway ...and what a tourist attraction ...!!

Regards,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin