GWR - AEC railcars/#22:

Anyone have a website that they would care to share concerning this railcar?

Had a Lima model several years ago, miss it badly.

Maybe, maybe not if it could be used as an interchange unit on a L.M.S. freelance layout or not, I just like the things.

Thanks,

PB Larry

Reply to
Papa Bear

"Papa Bear" wrote

No, but there's an excellent OPC book entitled "The History of the Great Western AEC Diesel Railcars" compiled by C W Judge (ISBN 0-86093-139-0) which although out of print, should be available at most good libraries.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Cheers

Mike

Reply to
Michael & Louise Wonham

I haven't seen one, but they were loaned out for trial in various places including AFAIR Scotland. I've seen a photograph of one on the London Transport Chesham branch.

Which would give you an excuse.

The LMS (or maybe the Midland) had their own road/rail buses. K's used to make a kit for these. I don't know how successful or widespread these were.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Dudley, what a wonderful station, half G.W. half L.M.S. all the goods you could imagine and 7Fs and panniers and... and and.. and it's all gone.

DAvid Chorley

Reply to
David Chorley