OT-Air America Bankrupt Chap-7

Free-market economics at work.

LOS ANGELES -- Air America Radio, a progressive radio network that once aired commentary from Al Franken and Rachel Maddow, said Thursday it is shutting down immediately.

The company founded in April 2004 said it ceased airing new programs Thursday afternoon and will soon file to be liquidated under Chapter 7 bankruptcy. It began broadcasting reruns of programs and would end those as well Monday night.

Best Regards

Tom.

Reply to
azotic

It's a vast right-wing conspiracy! Conservatives didn't listen to Air-America, advertisers didn't buy commercials because the audiences weren't big enough. It SHOULD have been Government subsidized left-wing propaganda! Oh, never mind...we have NPR.

Reply to
Buerste

maybe those with a more liberal bent don't require air personalities to tell them how to think?

Reply to
Bill Noble

Nobody should require air personalities to tell them how to think. I think most people listen and watch for entertainment and get multiple sources both conservative and liberal. Most ignore the bias. BUT, there are some zealots on both sides.

Reply to
Buerste

Blink blink...they have to. Afterall..Leftwingers have at most...15 or so braincells to work with. Which is why we find so many Leftwing Extremist Drones and Useless Eaters with USB plugs in their skulls, hammering away on Usenet..fed from DNC headquarters.

It would appear that Airhead America simply couldnt make it on their content..such as it was.

In fact..even the BIG 4 leftwing media, ABC (Almost Believable Content) NBC (No Believable Content) CBS (Content Believable Seldom) and CNN (Clinton News Network) have been bleeding massive amounts of viewers for many many years. Those people either turn off network programming, using their TVs for movies only, or switch to Fox.

Shrug

Gunner

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for existence.

- It is NOT fiscally responsible.

- It is NOT ethically honorable.

- It has started wars based on lies.

- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.

- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.

- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.

- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.

- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

...It no longer has valid reasons to exist. Lorad474

Reply to
Gunner Asch

NPR where you are may have a bit different content, but they are far from a left-wing cheerleading squad.

Dave

Reply to
Dave__67

Let the Record show that "Bill Noble" on or about Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:30:57 -0800 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

LOL. No need for you to project so much.

There is an old witticism "You can tell how intelligent a man is, by whether or not they agree with you." Which is one reason why, once the Feds got out of the business of regulating radio station content, talk radio took off in the late eighties. Millions of people suddenly heard someone on the radio who was obviously smart, because the radio personality agreed with the listeners.

The problem is, and remains - where are the liberal radio stations? Where are the liberal personalities? I'm not talking about the occasional personality who takes a liberal slant on things, but someone who has the fortitude to come right out and say "I'm a Liberal!" Or for a radio station to change it's format to "All Liberal, All the Time!" talk radio. I noticed this in Seattle, there were at least three radio stations with self proclaimed conservatives - but not one liberal dare to go on the radio call themselves that in public. They have to use code words. "Progressive". "Moderate". "Independent."

And now Air America is going off the air. It is sort of like hearing that someone you knew died - and you're first response was "I thought they died a long time ago."

My deepest condolences

pyotr

- pyotr filipivich "I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed over walking into the saloon, because when I asked the bartender whether they served zombies he said, ?Sure, what'll you have?'" from I Hear America Swinging by Peter DeVries

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

They still have NPR. The only one with any talent on AAR was Franken. Compared to the others on AAR, Franken was a sea of reason.

Wes

Wes

NPR where you are may have a bit different content, but they are far from a left-wing cheerleading squad.

Dave

They are obviously biased. I don't care, I enjoy their programming.

Reply to
Buerste

The liberal radio stations are the same place as the liberal think tanks.

Reply to
RBnDFW

I agree, they have good content, well-researched and interesting stories. Their liberal bias occasionally shows through. They sometimes make a point of presenting both sides of a hot political topic, but they rarely do justice to the conservative side. In general, the national content is left-biased, the local station (KERA Dallas) is fairly objective.

Reply to
RBnDFW

Had I known that, I'd have made it a personal goal to burn the place to the ground ;)

Reply to
RBnDFW