BR Llocomotives

Hi Can anybody explain what PLSR has to do with BR locomotives please. Many thanks Roger (Barbara's old man)

Reply to
Barbara Mitchell

Might help if we had the context, but youre probably going to get some daft replies anyway.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"Barbara Mitchell" wrote

Got me beat there the only explanations I've been able to find for the PLSR acronym are:-

PLSR - Partial Least Squares Regression PLSR - Precision Landing System Receiver

John.

Reply to
John Turner

PSLR = Public Sector Loan Requirement

(kim)

Reply to
kim

In message , kim writes

Never heard of it! What you will hear about however is PSBR.

PSBR = Public Sector Borrowing Requirement.

Anyway, the original post mentioned PLSR, not PSLR.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Port of London Sinking Regulations? Now't to do with trains then ;o)

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

I doubt very much the term PSBR was in common use in the 1950's when steam locomotives were being built. It didn't become the sacred cow by which all achievement is measured unti the 1980's.

People have been known to mistype enquiries in Usenet.

If not it could well stand for Pathetic Lousy Southern Region :o)

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Reply to
Barbara Mitchell

Think you will find that was LLocomotives in the OP

Reply to
Mike Smith

There was certainly stock built at government behest during WW2- things that come to mind are the 8Fs built at Brighton and Swindon, along with large numbers of things like 16t steel mineral wagons and SR-design vans. Brian

Reply to
BH Williams

"Mike Smith" wrote

Would they pull Welsh trains?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Reply to
Barbara Mitchell

If it was for the welsh then it would be 'This Way Up', so probably for notherners - 'Please Leave Station on Rails'.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Could this be a representation of one of the 8Fs that went walkies across Europe, and stayed?

James Moody

Reply to
James Moody

Does anybody have a URL? I searched on the usual things and disn't find it.

Reply to
Christopher A.Lee

"Barbara Mitchell" wrote

Sounds like a freelance jobbie to me.

They had 8Fs in Palestine (I think - certainly in Israel) but I don't think you can get the name of any Palestinian railway out of PLSR.

Can't think of any other possibilities.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

24 on hire, according to "The Railways of Palestine and Israel", a book which does what it says on the cover. Plus others en route elsewhere.

I can't spot any in the book. All the locos are PR (or WD).

Anyone know what the Persian railway was called in WWII? Ah, "Allied Military Locos of 2ndWW" seems to suggest it was Iranian State Railway.

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

Might be just a promotional item?

(kim)