BR Standard Tanks

In message , Graham Kendall writes
Yes, the class 3 tank is 3MT - no they are not different things.
These are the locos of the 82XXX series. The sooner someone makes one RTR in OO the better.
Reply to
Jane Sullivan
Triang. Back in the days of solid handrails sticking out from the boiler. Extremely crude by modern standards (groan).
I don't think I ever saw these on a freight train, just passenger. Their boilers were based on the Great Western's number 4 boiler, as fitted to City of Truro 50 years earlier.
Reply to
Christopher A. Lee
That'll be what my dad has dug out of my Grandfather's collection and DCC converted this afternoon then :-)
It's a Triang model code R59 with the running number 82004 and works well under DCC!
Graham
Reply to
Graham Kendall
I see that Bachmann (GF) are to produce an N gauge Ivatt Standard 3MT tank (instead of an Ivatt 2MT). I hope this means that an OO gauge version is also likely to follow in due course.
David
Reply to
gwr4090
In message , Christopher A. Lee writes
No thanks.
I can't find a photo on a freight or mineral train either. Never mind, I'm sure I can find a few coaches to put behind any model that someone may care to put out.
Reply to
Jane Sullivan
There are two photos at
claiming to show 82019 and 82029 on goods workings, but in both cases the photo only shows the first vehicle of the train, which is a covered van, so they might be parcels rather than true freight trains.
Chris
Reply to
Chris Jobson
RCTS BR Standard Locos Vol 3 shows: 82027 approaching Scarborough on pick up goods. 82019 on empty milk tanks at Vauxhall. 82015 on Fawley branch goods at Southampton. 82015 and 82016 on Esso tanks at Southampton. 82015 and 82012 on Fawley goods. 82022 on pick up goods at Towyn 82033 shunting goods at Afon Wen
David
Reply to
gwr4090

Site Timeline