BR Standard Tanks

Hi All,
Would a "BR Std class 3" Tank be described as a 3MT - or are they 2 different things??
TIA Graham

Yes, the class 3 tank is 3MT - no they are not different things.
These are the locos of the 82XXX series. The sooner someone makes one RTR in OO the better.
--
Jane
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html

Triang. Back in the days of solid handrails sticking out from the boiler. Extremely crude by modern standards (groan).
I don't think I ever saw these on a freight train, just passenger. Their boilers were based on the Great Western's number 4 boiler, as fitted to City of Truro 50 years earlier.

That'll be what my dad has dug out of my Grandfather's collection and DCC converted this afternoon then :-)
It's a Triang model code R59 with the running number 82004 and works well under DCC!
Graham
Graham Kendall wrote:

Crikey! On a related note, I wonder what the oldest loco is that has been converted to DCC.

No thanks.

I can't find a photo on a freight or mineral train either. Never mind, I'm sure I can find a few coaches to put behind any model that someone may care to put out.
--
Jane
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html

There are two photos at http://www.semg.org.uk/steam/std3t_02.html claiming to show 82019 and 82029 on goods workings, but in both cases the photo only shows the first vehicle of the train, which is a covered van, so they might be parcels rather than true freight trains.
Chris

RCTS BR Standard Locos Vol 3 shows: 82027 approaching Scarborough on pick up goods. 82019 on empty milk tanks at Vauxhall. 82015 on Fawley branch goods at Southampton. 82015 and 82016 on Esso tanks at Southampton. 82015 and 82012 on Fawley goods. 82022 on pick up goods at Towyn 82033 shunting goods at Afon Wen
David

I see that Bachmann (GF) are to produce an N gauge Ivatt Standard 3MT tank (instead of an Ivatt 2MT). I hope this means that an OO gauge version is also likely to follow in due course.
David

Of course I meant to say "an N gauge BR Standard 3MT tank".
David